LiamKNOW
Jake996897

Is man-made global warming threatening the extinction of our species?

LiamKNOW

LiamKNOW

Con

I will be arguing that the scientific evidence is insufficient to confidently conclude that humans are causing substantial global warming that will ultimately cause the destruction of our species.
Jake996897

Pro

I agree to prove with scientific data that the human race is in the threat of exctintion
LiamKNOW

Con

Please present your evidence, since the burden of proof is entirely on you. Good luck.
Jake996897

Pro

I'm not the only one with the burden of proof. You are still trying to prove something no? Please present your evidence like the debate starter is supposed to do
LiamKNOW

Con

As the Con in this debate, I await you evidence and then will rebut it. That is how debates are supposed to work. It is unfortunate that you've wasted the entire debate with your misunderstanding.
Jake996897

Pro

Pfff, you my friend, have wasted your time here. Mabye this would have been clearer if my opponent actually made rules for this debate. But since my opponent obviously has no evidence and or reasoning I will
Resent my evidence.

Recent studies have shown by the year 2100 the global temputure should rise about 2 degrees celcious
This may not seem much but by the current rate of which the ice in greenland and Antarctica. Tons of water will flood cities on the coasts. New Orleans will be flooded New York will be flooded and other parts of the world close to the rising sea level will be flooded and inhabitable. This will cause mass migration food shortages due to flooding of farmland and other food production sources.

Global warming is also prone to cause debate amongst the countries of the world. Arguments about pollution in developing countries or developed countries will most likely cause diplomatic not to mention militaristic actions. The evidence behind this is that fuel is needed to developing countries to drive their economy. America is already developed, compared to a country like china. China will most likely not support any reduction of fossil fuels. Even if they did Saudi Arabia one of the worlds most producing of crude oil, will have something to say to the countries who support an decrease in oil.

I end with an observation. That the host only put a 2000 character limit. The reason I think he's making a big deal out of this is that it takes way more characters to construct your side while rebudling it ( his side ) takes little characters and little effort. This is why he said in the beginning "the burden of prof is entirely on you". He has no argument just rebudle's.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 3 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Wow, this is pretty intense. This 3rd round will clearly be the determining factor for my vote.
Vote Placed by btwinch 3 years ago
btwinch
LiamKNOWJake996897Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con knew how to run a debate. Pro made a false statement with no sources.