BIGWIN
Siege

Is math yhe most important subject

Siege

BIGWIN

Pro

I think math is the most important subject , after writing because you will have to use it all your life.

Science, Salaries, Marks at school, etc
Siege

Con

I will be arguing in favor English/Language Arts as the most important subject.

To clarify: English/Language Arts here will be synonymous and interchangeable with Grammar/Primary Language instruction courses, so as it will also apply to the equivalent in Chinese/Spanish/Arabic/etc speaking schools.

I would like to put forward the notion that English is actually the most important subject in school. Why? Easy, we wouldn't have this debate without it. Knowing how to read and write is essential, and much more essential than knowing how to count. Without math you can still read and gain knowledge. You can still express your opinion. However, without English, the entire schooling system itself would fail. You wouldn't be able to read homework, or write essays, or complete tests. You wouldn't even be able to learn math, since your math text would be written with words that you would not understand.

But maybe more important than the reading and writing component, is the speaking component. Without English we can not communicate and society itself would fail. No matter what job you have, you have to communicate with others; whether it be your employer or your boss. Without English this is simply impossible. However, there are jobs you can do without math. A writer is one of them. Other jobs are News Reporter, Athlete, Lawyer, etc. However, for all these jobs you need to know how to communicate with others.

I put forward the notion that English is much more important than math because it is much more of a necessity than math is.
BIGWIN

Pro

This is my first debate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that math is more important because you need math for science, and without science we would still be cavemen.

Plus you do not need reading and writing for most of the math questions. YAY !
Siege

Con

Well my opponent didn't submit a very convincing argument, so I'll make this quick/

He claims that without science we would still be cavemen, and I agree. But again, we were able to spread and teach science through the usage of language, henceforth English is much more important. Your teacher didn't teach you what math was using math, as that would be impractical. She/he taught you using language. In actuality, language is the only thing we really "learn" without the usage of another medium. We learn language WITH language, as children, by listening to our parents and the people around us. Anything else we learn, we also learn through language. As such, you can not have math without language, but you can have language without math.

With this, I'd like for voters to reject the notion that math is the most important subject and votage against the motion brought forth by my opponent.

Posted by justin.graves 3 years ago
justin.graves
No, I'd say spelling is. :)
Vote Placed by JonathanCrane 3 years ago
JonathanCrane
BIGWINSiegeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was extremely unresponsive to the argument given by Con, causing him to drop many of the points made.
Vote Placed by orangemayhem 3 years ago
orangemayhem
BIGWINSiegeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct equal. Pro's S/G was not particularly brilliant, Con's didn't make my head hurt so Con takes that point. Arguments easily to Con for presenting a vaguely developed and coherent case which easily smashed Pro's. Sources equal as neither side used them.
Vote Placed by gordonjames 3 years ago
gordonjames
BIGWINSiegeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Communication is always important. Math alone is only a small aspect of our communication.
Vote Placed by GOP 3 years ago
GOP
BIGWINSiegeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro only used about two sentences to present his case. He also used a lot of exclamation marks, which means that the conduct point goes to Siege. S&G also goes to Siege because Pro used a lot of unnecessary exclamation marks, which is poor grammar usage.