SS1128
PrincessofPersia

Is mlp (My little pony)/Bronies so offensive to people?

SS1128

Con

Hello. This is yet another mlp/brony debate... :D However I still do not understand how such a loving show could be so offensive or I quote from random comments on youtube "Gay"(The homosexual meaning)? I have my arguements and would like to see the pro point of view. I hope for a good debate with reasonable arguements.

Rules: No trolling
immature comments (such as; gay, retarded, wierd, girly) please use technical terms
reasonable arguements
fair votes
PrincessofPersia

Pro

Hello! :) I am really excited to do this, for this is my very first debate. I apologize if I don't do it correctly. Well, begin!
SS1128

Con

Well, first of all thank you for accepting the challenge. I am also excited for this is ALSO my first debate on this website. Well, let's get started shall we?

There are a LOT of innocent bronies in this world who are getting hated for no reason. Just because it was originally targeted for 8 year old (or lower) girls doesn't mean it turns you homosexual. Now I think THAT is offensive rather than saying mlp is offensive for no reason. I personally am also a brony who is not even close to the word "Gay" (the homosexual meaning) and I also have a friend who I've known for over 10 years who is also a brony. However he is a clopper (People who masturbate by watching mlp porn). Now I do understand THAT is perverted but just because he IS perverted, it does not mean he is homosexual or mentally challenged. Surprisingly he even has a girlfriend while I don't. People say there is no cure for being a brony or a clopper but my friend is a great example to show here. My friend has stopped being a clopper and he started to mature. When he announced at school that he is a brony, everyone laughed at him. That time he didn't know how to behave to act. Now he stands up for his rights and how people can like whatever they like.

I can have you ask the bronies "Are you gay?" and over 80% will say no. I also forgot to mention that just because you watch a specific show, it does NOT make you homosexual. Some may say that they are but they keep it to themselves and do not seek for more attention. The haters on the other hand WANTS attention and say that us bronies are mentally challenged and is homosexual because we like imaginary ponies and pink colors. Didn't they have that when they were all young? When I say imaginary, animations as pokemon, digimon and lots more come to mind. I think THAT is more offensive than anything. They are apparently implying that all gay men loves the color pink and loves ponies, hearts, rainbows. I believe that there are many gay men out there who does NOT like any of these above but they are still homosexual. I usually stand up for gay people (I am not gay btw) because of their attitude. they be what they are and nothing can change it. They stand up for their likes and dislikes and so do us the bronies. I do not think mlp is at all offensive to society. I rest my case.
PrincessofPersia

Pro

I'm going to start my debate with the history of My Little Pony:

What is My little pony?

My little Pony is an entertainment franchise created by Hasbro that is marketed for LITTLE GIRLS. It began as a line of plastic toy ponies with colorful manes and unique symbols on the side of the pony's body. Following the original "My Pretty Pony Toy" was launched in 1983, and became popular in the 1980's. The original toy line ran from 1983 to 1995; inspiring animated specials, an animated featured film, and television programs.

So, as you can see from the information I have provided, my little pony has originally started as a toy for little girls. It later became a television series (the classical version) and recently Lauren Faust as adapted the show and made a remade a series called "My little pony, friendship is Magic." This show became a hit, mainly because of the bronies.

So, what exactly is a brony?

Well, according to Urbandictionary.com, a Brony is a name given to the male veiwers of the my little pony show or franchise. They do not typically give in the hype that males are not allowed to enjoy things that may be intended for females.

I'm not sure exactly what Con is arguing about, but I think he is arguing that just because he watches my little pony, it doesn't make him gay/ homosexual. What do I have to say about this:

First and foremost, many men who watch my little pony have different sexual orientations: 70% claim they are heterosexual, 12% claim they are bisexual, 2% are homosexuals, 3% were unsure of their orientation, 9% were asexual, and only 2% did not choose to respond to this question.

The reason why people ask you if you're gay is because it's sterotyped that gay men like girly shows/things. And since the show is targeted for little girls (ages 5-12) it seems rather strange to society that grown men are actually watching this show, thus, questioning wether or not they are gay. It's just a natrual response people get. If a grown woman was watching shows like transformers (or any other show targeted for little boys) people won't really bother asking her if she was a lesbian. It's funny how a female can fit into a male category, such as playing a game with a male lead (such as mario or halo) where as, if a guy were to play a game with a female lead (such as barbie or my little pony games) his sexual orientation would be questioned. It is just a physcological thing. The reason is because men make it such a big deal about being gay; like if two guys were just holding hands because they were good friends or even brothers, people would automatically assume they are gay, where as, if two women were holding hands, the thought won't automatically go through the person's head. If you know that society already has this mentaality that "if men like girly things, they are most likey gay," and you still choose to like girly things (such as the show my little pony which is a show targeted for young girls) then why are you complaining if you already know that that is the natrual response you are going to receive? There really is no point in you being upset over people asking you wether or not you are gay for liking a female centered show...because that is the natrual response you are going to get, and if they don't ask you, then they will most likely think it in their heads, it's just how society thinks. So instead of complaining about people calling you homosexual, learn to ignore what people think and like what you want to like. you put yourself in a position where people are going to question your sexuality. and why my little pony? Why don't these men go and try to watch other shows targeted at little girls like barbie or the winx club or sailor moon? These shows pretty much teach the same morals as my little pony and contain as much action. So why don't they watch those as well?

The thing with bronies is that you don't know wether or not they are trolling or not. Prehaps they only claim to like the show just to troll with society and people. Or maybe they watch it because everyone else is. Or maybe they do truly enjoy the program. Nobody knows. The thing is, everyone is annoyed with people who are obbsessed with something. If I were, suppose, obbsessed with candles, and we called people who were obbsessed with candles "Candies" and we had a whole website dedicated to "Candies" and all I spoke about was candles wouldn't you be annoyed? Bronies are like nerds/geeks. They are obbsessed. Anyone obbsessed with anything clearly makes them annoying.

Another thing that is offensive about bronies: Like you mentioned, your friend watches pony porn. If this specific show was targeted for little girls, what happens if a little girl stumbles upon pony porn? Watching her favorite characters doing sexual acts could be quite horrifying, don't you think? Why isn't there other porn such as barbie porn or bratz porn or care bears porn? Clearly because pony porn was made for bronies. You turn an innocent show made for little girls into a porn for you to masturbate to. Isn't that kind of sick? Pony porn also in a way, supports bestility. If my little pony doesn't make you gay, then it sure does make you attracted to animals (or in this case, colorful ponies). Because you are basically watching animals having sex (if you are watching pony porn.) If that kind of stuff turns you on, then you are obviously not thinking about being gay, but thinking about having sex with a colorful pony, thus, developing bestility.
SS1128

Con

Your right we're retarded... This is very nerdy and boring now. You win :) lol
PrincessofPersia

Pro

Really? :) ahaha yay!! Now let's become friends and talk about my little pony! ^_^
SS1128

Con

SS1128 forfeited this round.
PrincessofPersia

Pro

PrincessofPersia forfeited this round.
SS1128

Con

SS1128 forfeited this round.
PrincessofPersia

Pro

PrincessofPersia forfeited this round.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
.... Wow. That escalated quickly. Con got rebutted, and he gave up and made a friend. Friendship is Magic, after all!
Posted by personpattersun 3 years ago
personpattersun
wow just wow. granted I can't say this is something unexpected of bronies.