anonymous_9123
lokure

Is modern day feminism good?

anonymous_9123

Con

Modern day feminism is a cancer in our society! Back when women had minimal rights feminists were respectable equality loving women! Now they are fat pigs who hate men. They no longer want equality, they want to be superior! Its disgusting and a disgrace to the women who wanted true equality in the 1800s!!!
lokure

Pro

I myself am a feminist and don't want to be held as superior against men. Yes, maybe there are some individuals who have turned into men-hating creatures but you can't lump that with other respectable people such as Zendaya Coleman, Ellen DeGeneres, and Daniel Radcliffe.
I agree to debating with you as long as you keep it civil.
anonymous_9123

Con

I agree with what you said about Zendaya, Daniel Radcliffe, ETC. I understand there are good feminists but there is this recent trend of man hating pigs that seem to complain about minor issues. The wage gap can be an issue but in some major field of american business it barely exists! As I understand it the main issue about the wage gap and such is based on major business fields which is unfair but some feminists take things too far. Also, I have an extreme issue with women marching in Chicago wearing pu**y hats! Kids walking along the streets should not be exposed to pu**ies and hate speech!!!
lokure

Pro

Yes, there will always be people who will prove what you just said right and at the moment, people are focusing at them more than the others. The people who you are talking about right now are going mainstream and causing people to forget the majority of feminists; women and men who just want equal rights.
One of the main issues that the 3rd wave of feminism is concerned with is the wage gap. Honestly, I am not convinced that there is a wage gap; factors such as hours worked, position, quality of work has much to do with it and I don't think we have yet the right information to conclude from. Yes, there are some "femi-nazis" like Minddagger pointed out , that take things too far but that's not the majority.
Please tell me what's wrong with the pu**y hats. They don't show anything vulgur or anything explicit that a kid won't see on one of the many sexual ads that taint the television.
Before I refute the last sentence fully, could you specify the hate speech and maybe use examples?
anonymous_9123

Con

The "hate speech" is the fact that the modern day feminists seem to always hate white males calling them "racist" and "misogynistic." I agree that there are vulgar ads but that doesn't make those putrid hats OK! I will give you some respect for staying peaceful and showing respect but you must understand that most feminism today is a cancer and burden upon our society, good luck during the voting period.
lokure

Pro

I haven't yet seen one of those hats with inappropriate messages. If you could send me one, maybe my view could change but so far I don't see how the hats are inappropriate.
People who hate men aren't really feminists; the definition of a feminist is a person who supports feminism which is a movement supporting equality between the sexes. The definition of a person who dislikes men is defined as a supporter of misandry; a thing in which one hates men for political or personal reasons. I don't believe people such as those should be classified as feminists because they don't want equality or want to be seen as equals if they hate men for some reason.
Good luck during the voting period.
Posted by SomeoneTibok 5 months ago
SomeoneTibok
Modern day feminism talks about issues that aren't true. They say that the wage is true, wrong. If the wage gap was true, then why don't business hire only women. Wages are on of the biggest expenses in all business so hiring only women would decrease the cost by nearly a quarter. Not only that but the act of 1963 made it illegal to pay women less based on their gender. The myth came by people taking the average wages of all men and all women and they saw that men had the higher average. However simple factors were not taken into account. Those being the fact that men and women statically work different jobs. A study done in UCLA saw that women were majoring in lesser paying jobs and men were majoring higher paying jobs. Another factor was that men and women statically work less hours then men. Once these factors and put in, there is no wage gap. They also say we live in a rape culture. That is a lie, the 1 in 5 stat is actually 1 in 50 but that also includes the fact that there are so many men that are falsely accused a year. So it is actually 1 in 50 women will accuse a man of rape. Modern feminist are lying to us and we have to see that. OPEN YOUR EYES!!
Posted by 20cwells 5 months ago
20cwells
All modern day feminism in western culture is counterproductive.
Posted by 20cwells 5 months ago
20cwells
isn't the challenger the one who was talking about race realism yesterday?
Posted by Minddagger 5 months ago
Minddagger
your thinking of femi-nazis, Feminism are the good feminists, feminNAZIS are the extremists.