Wilson704
backwardseden

Is money everything?

Wilson704
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

Wilson704

Con

First round will be for acceptance only. I hope that my opponent and I will have a good, respectful debate! May the best man or women win!
backwardseden

Pro

I really do hate it when debates state "for acceptance only" in the first round. What a total waste for the first round especially when there's only 3 rounds as you have. That's why I wanted to back out. But debate.org would not let me. So let's see what's yah got.
Wilson704

Con

I am sorry for the inconvenience of the whole "first round acceptance only" deal. But I do see that you think that money is everything for it is a good majority of the life that we have right now in earth. So I see money as something that can turn people into saints and devils. People will go so far as to gain money for example some people will even go into strip clubs or even "work the corner" to just get something to feed their belly. I do not think money is everything on this earth. I think to most important things on earth are as follows: Family, God, Happiness, and Friends. Family is on that list because that are going to be the ones that are there for you Twenty-Four Seven. Your family are going to be your number one fan in anything that you do. I do under stand that you and your family will get into some arguments but you will always find a way to make up, they are your blood... right? Happiness is on the list because if you are not happy you are either; sad, mad, depressed, or some other negative emotion. If you are happy then you are filled with joy and grace and you have no stress or worries to deal with. The last thing I would like to talk about is God. God is the creator of this world and he made money to bring up this topic. He even brought us to together to talk this and him. If you have God and you have faith in him then there is no point of being rich, or extremely wealthy. I do understand that you need money to get things like a car, home, pets if you want, and food. My stand point is that money shouldn't make you happy.
backwardseden

Pro

Actually no. I truly hate the concept of money. They say that money is the root of all evil. Well um no, not quite, but close. Religion/ god is the root of all evil and ranked right up there with god and religion is wealth/ money. As long as there is religion/ god and money/ wealth there can be no worldwide peace. None. Of course a few other things have got to disappear as well such as borders, the media and weapons in that of guns and higher firepower in order for there to be worldwide peace. Everything else, if there is to be worldwide peace falls into those 5 categories.
I come from a very wealthy family. My dad is a rich wealthy millionaire 3 times over snob and I could tell you some stories about him, oh yes that would make your black leather jacket turn blue. I now live at the poverty level and I could also tell you some true stories from that level also. Indeed money/ wealth is a worthless commodity indeed. Money/ wealth, just as all of the other 4 things listed are a mindset and no one NEEDS them NOR REQUIRES them NOR OUT OF NECESSITY depends upon them. Money/ Wealth DOES NOT make the world go round. However, sadly, here in this pathetic country, yeah money/ wealth does make the world go round. Its why this country becomes involved in so many wars. Money/ wealth brings in one helluva lot of money/ wealth no matter which side you fight for. That’s gotta change.
Family is very important even though I do not talk to any of mine. If you were to have happened as to what has happened to me, you wouldn’t talk to them either. Now as far as religion, the most fought after figure in history is christ, so that should tell you something right there. If not, “more people have died in the name of god than for any other reason.” George Carlin and he happens to be correct. So its a double whammy. god most certainly does not make people “happy”. He makes them miserable as he hates children, you for jeez sakes. Its all right there for you in YOUR bible. Open it.
“ Family is on that list because that are going to be the ones that are there for you Twenty-Four Seven.” What happens if they beat, rape and torture you? What then? That’s a ridiculous statement on your part.
“I think to most important things on earth are as follows: Family, God, Happiness, and Friends.” Take off god (You cannot even prove he even exists for jeez sakes), family if they beat, rape and torture you and put in yourself as you MUST like yourself somewhere in that equation and have some self worth and have some self esteem, otherwise NO ONE will like you.
“Your family are going to be your number one fan in anything that you do.” That’s absolutely 100% false. An epidemic here in this country especially and the worst form of child abuse that there is, is to be neglected and to be ignored. That’s what takes place in YOUR bible. There’s maybe 5 sentences that are spoken/ voiced by children. Wow. Your god truly hates children. That is severe neglect and ignoring them at its finest. Not only that but there’s 5 of the 10 commandments geared towards your god’s blubbering superior ego complex and not one commandment towards children stating something like “Thou shalt always honor and protect thy children”. Wow. And then there’s god’s ripping to shreds by swords of children, raping of children because their parents were worshiping other gods, carving up of mothers wombs, dashing babies against rocks, children being eaten by bears, ordering the death of children because children cursing at their parents etc etc etc ALL ordered by YOUR god. Happiness? Hardly. Misery. Yes. Absolutely.
“God is the creator of this world…” Whoa stop right there. According to what? You? How would you know? Don't throw that trash down my throat or anyone else’s throat, especially if you do not know them. Because what you effectively do is you declare war on them. AND you have 0% proof of evidence AND you have nothing to show for it. You cannot test your god nor can you demonstrate your god. So how does that make you or anyone else, especially me who does know better, and believes in kindness, peace, care for each other, love, harmony……… happy? AND you cannot even show me in YOUR bible ANYWHERE where your god WAS indeed happy!!! Wow.

“He even brought us to together to talk this and him.” Um no he didn’t. I am my own person. And remember I told you that I did not want to take this debate? Wow what a scorching and fatalistic “NO” in bold for you.
“If you have God and you have faith in him…” Well see I’m not stupid, nor unintelligent, nor uneducated enough to do as such. That’s because faith is NOT evidence of any kind. Faith is also NOT, nor will ever be a pathway to truth. How can it be when ev-er-yt-hi-ng that there is of all time is based on faith? Now ---please--- pay close attention…
“Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn’t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can’t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, judaism, any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, the most important truth your’re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence?” Matt Dillahunty

“Faith is the reason people give when they don’t have evidence.” Matt Dillahunty

“Faith can be very very dangerous, and deliberately to implant it into the vulnerable mind of an innocent child is a grievous wrong.” Richard Dawkins

“Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is the belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.” Richard Dawkins

Now there is no point of being rich or wealthy. It matters of who you are inside and of your friends, family and loved ones. If you have those, that’s all you need and require.
Wilson704

Con

I would like to go back to the topic of money. As you said "Actualy no. I truly hate the concept of money." I see that we are on the same page. I also hate the concept of money. This debate was just on money, and you didn't even want to devate, so let's just end this off.
backwardseden

Pro

Actually you mentioned god numerous times and I followed. But money/ wealth has gotta go as well as religion. Both are horrid and cannot exist IF there is to be worldwide peace. TC and have fun.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 month ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@Wilson704 Your debate with me is a tie. Hahahahaha!
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@Wilson7804 aren't you going to post your last round in the debate you have with me?
Posted by Leaning 1 month ago
Leaning
"In a room sit three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man with his gold. Between them stands a sellsword. - Varys
Posted by MindMaster 1 month ago
MindMaster
OMG BACKWARDSEDEN please stop making everything about how "God is a fraud" and "Religion is a horrible thing!" Please just pay attention to the subject and nothing else.
Posted by backwardseden 1 month ago
backwardseden
Well since this thingy backed me into something I didn't want... go ahead.
Posted by backwardseden 1 month ago
backwardseden
Nevermind
Posted by backwardseden 1 month ago
backwardseden
How many characters do you have set up?
Vote Placed by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 month ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Wilson704backwardsedenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con by default!
Vote Placed by Throwback 1 month ago
Throwback
Wilson704backwardsedenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro accepted this debate and in so doing agreed to argue that money is everything. Instead pro decided to attempt to argue con's side of the debate, effectively forfeiting his position. Pro made no argument at all to back his position in this debate. He debated against his position-not a convincing tactic.