contraryIntellectual
Zx32

Is money really the root of all evil

contraryIntellectual

Con

let me prerequisite by saying this is my first debate here :

I firmly believe that money isn't the true root of all evil .The real root of evil is us(humans).We put money before ourselves and we kill one another for a product that really inst worth what we say it is for example twenty dollars is only worth twenty dollars if only of us on the planet agree , so money isn't the root of evil but our minds are .
Zx32

Pro

I believe money is the route of all evil. Money is the driving force for all actions if you think about it. The insanity of doing things you don't want to do comes from wanting money and needing money. The only reason why people do jobs that they hate is for money. Most people hate their jobs. Weather you like it or not, money rules this world. You can't do anything if you don't have money. If you don't want to die of starvation you need a job to earn money to buy food. Money is the motivation. Most people want more than they need and that's where greed comes into play. Greed is a very powerful emotion and the mind-set of some people is that they need to of whatever they need to do to get what they want. People kill, steal, scheme, and basically do whatever they can to get money. Money is the motivation for all of this. If money didn't exist, most evil wouldn't exist. Just think is money wasn't an issue, would most people act like how they act now? The answer is no. Why would they? It's not us humans because if you were to take money out of the picture, humans wouldn't act like how they do. Money is the only reason why people do the crazy things that they do.
contraryIntellectual

Con

Money is only valuable because we make it valuable .Now I do respect your argument but however since we are human money isn't the root of evil our minds are because innately we naturally want more and better for ourselves and we would anything and everything to get the best . My point is money is simply the motivation it is not the over thinking , the greed or the actions that man commits .So since that's the case man's mind is the root of all evil If we didn't subscribe to money there would be no motivation to kill one another or rob one a another for money because it would be useless to us ; And also we are the creators of money and the trade system without us this wouldn't exist and with us gone this system would be obsolete because we need value to motivate through life and motivation is in our minds is the real root of all evil.
Zx32

Pro

Zx32 forfeited this round.
contraryIntellectual

Con

The notion that money is the root of all or most evil is absurd because if man never knew money or created money in the first place wouldn't it(evil) still exist . I mean say if I was in a relationship and my mate or lover cheated on me and I was so caught up by the heat of the moment I decided to kill him or her isn't that still evil which would mean that our mental thought and emotion and values are what is innately evil because this scenario had absolutely nothing to do with money but this argument is whether or not money is the root of evil and clearly it isn't the root of all evil is pardon me the roots of all evil are our mind, emotion and values, What my scenario above proves is that emotion can cause us to do demented things to one another in the heat of the moment without remorse . The things we value impact us because if the things we value are taken away like family , friends and freedom we would go evil or berserk , because individually we may believe that what is important and what we value is important that is the reason ones self would possibly go "evil" or "berserk" .Finally ,the one thing that puts value to the all mighty dollar is our minds . If we went against our innate feelings of trying to up-lift ourselves into society , we might be able to go against our innate feeling of greed which would put a value of maybe zero on the all mighty dollar because there would be no there would be no sense of value to us (mankind).The initial feeling of greed doesn't start when a man wants or needs money or what ever product/commodity but rather when man decides how can I hoard or gather or get all of this by them self without trying to feel humane. Initially we did create evil we created the all mighty dollar so as the producers of the almighty dollar I think we wouldn't no something about evil now wouldn't you agree.
Zx32

Pro

Evil- anything causing injury or harm: Tobacco is considered by some to be an evil. That is an actual definition of the word evil. It says anyTHING, not any state of mind, not and intention, it says anyTHING. Money is an object, it's a "thing". Because it also says ANYthing, you have to choose from all of the things on which has the most evil of intentions. That thing is money. Money is the thing which has the most evil of intentions. As I said before, money caused people to go crazy and act in strange ways. People do have bad intentions, but it isn't the rout. Bad intentions are always triggered. Money is the absolute route of most cases. I have already stated most of my case and I believe this completes it. Thank you.
Posted by zestog3 3 years ago
zestog3
The LACK of money is the root of all evil.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
I suggest changing it to "most."
Posted by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
What the Bible actually says is, "For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil."

It is human greed (not money itself) that gives rise to many kinds (not all examples of) evil.