Masterful
CosmoJarvis

Is my solution to the current energy crisis a good one?

Masterful

Pro

A solution to the current energy crisis.

It is no secret that we, globally are experiencing an energy crisis, I would like to present a simple idea to solve this.

We build a wheel. A huge wheel. One so big it would be the size of Detroit, we would actually build this wheel on top of Detroit. Then we would gather up all the black people in America and make them push the wheel.

I have done some rough estimates and considering how exponentially black people have bred, there should be enough to turn the wheel 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

You're welcome, no, you're more than welcome, as I'm simply doing man kind a favour.

(I'm actually not racist, just a realist.)
CosmoJarvis

Con

I have no comments.

Well, except to refute my opponent's false claims on an "energy crisis."

Many experts believe that the energy crisis is false (S1). In fact, the United States of America has a surplus of oil. The only thing they're running out of is storage space for it. America is pumping so much oil that it's running out of places to keep it all (S2). The surplus has grown to producing 184,000 barrels of oil a day (S3).

However, I will admit that America does need to switch to an alternative source of energy to reduce pollution (caused by oil refineries and things that use oil as energy). Though, slavery is not a good answer.

S1) http://abcnews.go.com...

S2) http://money.cnn.com...
S3) https://www.bloomberg.com...

This is the weirdest debate I've ever seen in my life.
Masterful

Pro

To begin. In your own words my good sir-

"However, I will admit that America does need to switch to an alternative source of energy to reduce pollution (caused by oil refineries and things that use oil as energy). Though, slavery is not a good answer."
I'm glad we agree on something then.

Your denial of an "energy crisis" shall be refuted-

Burning oil and releasing the carbon emissions into the atmosphere is damaging and indeed a crisis, it's a crisis caused by energy, thus an "energy crisis."
I would urge my opponent not to get caught up in semantics.

As for my method.

It's time to reinvent the wheel.

Imagine, a wheel so enormous that it could be seen from outer space. Such a testament to human advancement that it would be. It would be the same as the Egyptians building the pyramids.
The only problem is, how do we turn such a wheel? Hmmm, you might think this to be impossible? well yes. Only because "we" won't be turning it! Ohh no, it shall be the black race. Specifically, black criminals. 35% of the prison population is black males, so instead of making them make number plates for private prisons, we should have them create energy for the world.
Prison labour is legal, and that's all this would be. No one said anything about slavery.
To conclude this- We have a surplus of black prison inmates, so why waste a valuable resource? It may serve as an incentive towards other black potential offender, not to offend.
Let's not pretend this is racism, rather lets call it realism.

https://en.wikipedia.org... -Source showing how many black males are incarcerated.

I primarily want the energy crisis to be solved, hence why I've provided such a solution. However, I admit I have a second motive -

Building over Detroit.

Before we begin, please take a quick note of my source. I believe this is a tourist pamphlet, advertising some nice places to stay in Detroit, which shows how beautiful Detroit is- http://www.detroitnews.com...

You want to know why I want to build over Detroit? Alight then, it's because Detroit is a cesspit of anguish, drug abuse, rape, murder and in some cases criminal slavery.

Lets just start over, clean slate. Build a huge wheel over Detroit. Burn the place down. We will be doing America a favour. There is no denying this.

I'm passionate about abolishing slavery and crime in America.
"But slavery has been made illegal for quite some time now."

Detroit abides by no laws of yours!
http://www.freep.com...
http://www.freep.com...

Conclusion.

So lets assume we've build this wheel over Detroit, what have we achieved?
Well for starters we have solved a world energy crisis. In addition to this we've raised Detroit to the ground, which in turn lowers all criminal statistics within America, thus leading to safer and more tourism, creating increased income.
Having such vast amounts of energy means we could sell it to other countries and hope to begin paying off our national debt.
I urge you to help me make America a reputable country, once more.

Throughout history, there have always been those that have dared to challenge conventional methods, such as Charles dawn, Mao ze Dong and even Jesus. I see my self as one of those people, I am a visionist and my vision is of a better future.
CosmoJarvis

Con

My opponent begins by discussing the history of the wheel.

Then he says that we must use prisoners for manual labor, rather than doing something more productive like giving them an education so that they can get a suitable job and start a normal, reformed lifestyle after they leave jail.

Then he finishes by saying he dares to challenge the methods of Jesus.

Realistically, a huge wheel in Detroit won't solve the energy crisis. There are better alternatives like geothermal energy, wind-power, solar power or fossil fuels.

I regret joining this debate.
Masterful

Pro

I get the impression that my opponent has lost any will to put up a real argument. I would urge him in future, not to blindly accept debates if you're not passionate about the topic or do not think you've got a good argument to put forth.

Anyway let's look at my opponents second argument.

My opponent states-
"My opponent begins by discussing the history of the wheel."

I did not discuss the history of the wheel, please provide a quote. I would advise my opponent to actually read the argument of their opposition, as it's clear he just skim read my argument.
I titled a segment "Time to reinvent the wheel" Not the best title, but it will do.

My opponent states-
"Then he says that we must use prisoners for manual labor, rather than doing something more productive like giving them an education so that they can get a suitable job and start a normal, reformed lifestyle after they leave jail."

I think inmates should contribute to society, my opponent agrees with this I'm sure? We simply disagree on how they should contribute.
I say they should generate power for the world, whereas my opponent believes we should spend money on their education. Much of this education would be wasted education, do you really think a murderer is going to get employment as a plumber?
I'm not sure you even understand jail. Many jails are designed to break inmates, so they follow rules and learn to cope with the harsh prison environment,
one does not simply leave jail reformed.

My opponent states-
"Then he finishes by saying he dares to challenge the methods of Jesus."

I never said that I challenge the methods of Jesus. lol wut? When I read what you had typed, I actually laughed.
Please provide a quote and read over my argument carefully so we may have a better debate.

What I actually said was-
"Throughout history, there have always been those that have dared to challenge conventional methods, such as Charles dawn, Mao ze Dong and even Jesus. I see my self as one of those people, I am a visionist and my vision is of a better future."

Jesus did challenge conventional methods, he went around spreading his religion and was killed by the local authorities for doing so.

Finally my opponent states-
"Realistically, a huge wheel in Detroit won't solve the energy crisis. There are better alternatives like geothermal energy, wind-power, solar power or fossil fuels."

Firstly the wheel won't be "in" Detroit, the wheel will BE Detroit. Secondly, and most importantly, a wheel on such a scale "if" rotated would be able to provide enough kinetic energy to power the world. Detroit is 370 km" so that gives you a general idea of the scale.

-Geothermal energy: America doesn't have the ability to harness geothermal energy across the entire country, as much of Americas land does not produce geothermal heat

-Wind power: This is a very expensive energy source considering how little energy is produces, also the tall wind turbines are an eye sore. Enough turbines to power the world? We're talking million and millions here.

-Solar energy: Solar energy is currently very weak, but has potential and is my second my favoured energy source right after the wheel method.

-Fossil fuels: These are not renewable and are polluting our planet, we need to stop using these ASAP.

The point of this list was to demonstrate that all fuel sources, currently have flaws, but they can be worked on. There is no perfect solution.I think we should give the wheel method a try and sort out Detroit while we're at it.

Conclusion.

I don't think my opponent even read my argument, as he falsely accused me of saying things I did not say. It's a shame really, as I thought my argument was a good read.

My opponent hasn't even addressed the benefits of my method sorting out the Detroit issue.

I had fun, even if my opponent didn't, I look forward to his final argument.
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
I love how Whiteflame comes in and purges all the retards. Feels good man.
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
Thank you white flame, my good sir.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: LuciferWept// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Con (S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: A wheel. I am convinced that Pro must be a troll. The idea is so stupid that Con had to barely put any effort into fighting it.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn"t explain S&G. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to specifically analyze arguments made by both sides, regardless of whether or not they find those arguments to be smartly made.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: JonHouser// Mod action: Removed<

6 points to Con (S&G, Arguments, Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Pro's whole premise is absolute nonsense, and then he has the audacity to claim to not be "racist". I haven't had such a good laugh in weeks.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn"t explain S&G or sources. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to do more than simply analyze the premise of a single side and treat it as laughable. Voters are required to analyze specific arguments coming from both sides and compare them.
Posted by What50 1 year ago
What50
Why not use all prisoners. That way the wheel can be run 24/7 more efficiently.
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
It's too bad con didn't make that argument then isn't it.
Posted by SquidKing 1 year ago
SquidKing
I believe that the Con has a more realistic point of view than the pro. Why would someone make black prisoners turn a wheel. First of all, only choosing black prisoners 35% of prisoners to turn the wheel is most definitely racist and why can't they just help make other sources of sustainable energy. The resources and money to even begin to make such a thing would be far too much just for a sustainable energy source. How would you even make something of that scale safe or reliable? Making prisoners do that would make the population of the world be dependent on criminals to make energy! The safer the world is, the less energy we will have. This is so outrageous that it should be dismissed entirely!
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
Excuse me, but I'm 5 years old :(
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
So you've resorted to name calling and insulting my avatar? Real mature Cosomojarvis.
Do yourself a favour and get some substance. I could have had a more interesting debate with a 14 year old....Ohh wait I did.

-He understands the principal of a debate
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
Sure thing, Samurai Jack