Is pokemon inhumane?

Started: 12/21/2014 Category: Funny

I'm just having fun on this one, ya'll. But here we go......
#1 Who wants to be shoved into a ball once their master decides they have no further
use for them, and doesn't freak out at the thought that they may never again be needed; therefore, stuck inside a pokeball until they wither away and die?

I accept this debate.
If I am understanding the topic, I am arguing that Pokemon isn't inhumane. So, here it is:
My opponent has said that stuffing the Pokemon inside the Pokeball, but actually it is theorized that the Pokemon is converted into some life energy. [1] How would some massive Pokemon even come close to just fitting in there?

Now I would like to present my contentions.

1-All the Pokemon seem happy:
From my understanding, all the Pokemon seem pretty happy with their lives. (Except when they're having fights). They don't appear resentful of their trainer, and in fact do whatever the trainer says. If they were being given inhumane treatment, don't you think they would act as such?

2-The Pokemon-trainer relationship is very solid:
From what I've seen, the relationship between a trainer and his Pokemon is very solid. If the trainer was treating its Pokemon badly, why would they get along so well?

KittyEmPhilosophy forfeited this round.

All of my previous arguments still stand, as my opponent has forfeited this round.

... pokemon are like house elves. They are brainwashed into thinking being a trainers slave is honorable! SPEW! House elves seem happy too! But Dobby knew elves weren't truly respected!. (RIP Dobby a free elf) And second... of course they have a good relationship. Pokemon are brainwashed! Even N knows this and refuses to battle pokemon against one another. And tht guy can communicate with them. He is on the level.

If Pokemon are like house elves, then they are very happy with their lives. My opponent may have just glanced at Harry Potter, but if you actually read the books, the house elves want to work for wizards. Dobby was a very different house elf, and he didn't actually want to be like the rest of his race. If Pokemon are brainwashed, then they are very special. When one is brainwashed, they become a dull slave without a keen brain. Many Pokemon are not slaves operating only on brute force, they are very sharp. N must be wrong if you consider this evidence.
Posted by ChandanB 1 year ago
Ugh!! Would have taken this debate