NKJVPrewrather
madlibs

Is premarital sex a sin?

NKJVPrewrather has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

NKJVPrewrather

Con

I say no. If a man and a woman want to make love, and use contraception, go for it. I refuse to wait until I'm 60 years old.
madlibs

Pro

I believe that yes, pre-marital sex is considered a sin. If you study the bible and the Christian faith, you will find it's commonly referred to as a sin. Without holy matrimony, acting on sexual desires before commitment is defiant to the divine law God.

You don't have to be 60 years old to have sex, you can have it when you're ready to pledge that sort of commitment. However, according to certain Religious principles, you may be sinning by doing it.
NKJVPrewrather

Con

As long as I choose a consenting adult man, I can have sex whenever I jollywell please. Have you read Song Of Solomon? It is pretty x rated if you ask me. Sex for consenting adult hetero humans is as natural as breathing, and twice the fun. I can't wait to have my first lover. I have wanted to have sex since I was 14.
madlibs

Pro

The Song of Solomon celebrates becoming married.

If you engage in premarital sex it as sin. It"s mentioned quite a bit:
"For this is what God wills, . . . that you abstain from fornication.""1 Thessalonians 4:3.
"Let fornication and uncleanness of every sort or greediness not even be mentioned among you.""Ephesians 5:3.

The word sin has Religious context. If the debate was if it is wrong, if you should, or if it"s evil no; then no I don"t think that. Sex is sacred and meant to be shared between to ready participants. Religion, however, depending on what you follow, considers premarital sex to be a sin. So if you are Religious, God would believe that you are sinning to deny the holy word. That"s just the perspective that I get; it"s still a personal freedom of choice. Depending on your environment, upbringing, and lifestyle however; you may be committing sin in order to have premarital sex.
Posted by mojodancer 4 weeks ago
mojodancer
pre-marital sex is a modern western invention based upon a modern concept of marriage. Historically sex created a marriage.
Posted by missmedic 1 month ago
missmedic
Sin only exists if your a believer. Thank god................
Posted by canis 1 month ago
canis
Or have good sex with an atheist. They will see it as no sinn... And you might have a good time the both of you..
Posted by canis 1 month ago
canis
According to what religion ?
Jesus was a bastard. So doing someones wife would be ok...