TheOneWhoListens
Backdragn52

Is privilege and equality of utmost importance?

TheOneWhoListens

Pro

How important is privilege and equality actually? I personally it's of utmost importance, it's right up there with freedom. I think everyone(including me) takes their privileges and equal rights for granted....what do you think?
Backdragn52

Con

In this scenario, you have to tread carefully. Not everyone is promised their rights. A soldier who fights for their country may have earned his, but that doesn't mean a new born doesn't deserve them. I believe each citizen reaches a point in his or her life when they must prove themselves worthy of these privileges.
TheOneWhoListens

Pro

Yes ok I agree with that statement but does that men terrorist groups deserve equal right and privileges also?and have you taken into account the fact that some people are born closer to the front then others(metaphorically speaking)?
Backdragn52

Con

When i posted my last comment, I stated that someone who was just born in the country doesn't need to prove themselves. However, any low-down piece of trash who thinks their better by killing innocent people needs to be put in front of a firing squad. American, Chinese, Native American, or Muslim, it doesn't matter. But that's another topic all together, and every person simply reaches a point in their life when they should try to earn it. I'm not saying you have to go into the military, just that you need to do something to prove your worthy of the metaphorical sword in the stone.
TheOneWhoListens

Pro

Ok....but to get these privileges/rights who or what are going to give them it? no one has to prove anything to earn their equal status....and why if they can't earn it, what if they're not capable whether it be because they're physically inept or lack of monetary funds or some other reason?
Backdragn52

Con

You don't need money to earn your rights. You really only need to be willing to help. If you help at a food kitchen or help to clean up after a natural disaster, you have a moral obligation to prove that you deserve to have such rights. plus you need to show others that you believe that you have earned those rights within reason.
TheOneWhoListens

Pro

TheOneWhoListens forfeited this round.
Backdragn52

Con

Backdragn52 forfeited this round.
TheOneWhoListens

Pro

TheOneWhoListens forfeited this round.
Backdragn52

Con

Backdragn52 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheOneWhoListens 2 years ago
TheOneWhoListens
ya think....
Posted by Merphie 2 years ago
Merphie
How do you define privilege and equality. These are not universal
Posted by TheOneWhoListens 2 years ago
TheOneWhoListens
Yeah but you're supposedly against the importance of privilege and equality yet you really haven't stated why...
Posted by Backdragn52 2 years ago
Backdragn52
I'm pretty sure we both made it clear what we believe, little more input could help though.
Posted by TheOneWhoListens 2 years ago
TheOneWhoListens
I thought I did clarify my position?...
Posted by Merphie 2 years ago
Merphie
You need to define your terms and clarify your position.