roadrider13
Xantog

Is racism still a problem???

roadrider13 has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

roadrider13

Pro

I believe racism is still a problem, I will let the CON side start off
Xantog

Con

I need to know what you mean by problem. Everyone is racist, but I need to know the extent of what you mean by problem. Please clarify.
roadrider13

Pro

What i mean by a problem is that there are still people against blacks having rights. Think of it;white supremacy, racist laws. I know that during The Civil Rights Movement, racism was a lot bigger problem than it is in the 2000's. Though, it's still a problem. As a example of racist laws, Black men are more likely to get arrested by having "weed" than a white person (no offense, but its true). I still believe that blacks deserve better lives.
Xantog

Con

If you can name me a racist law in place today (In America), I will fight alongside you to remove it. The only racism I would agree with you on is that all individuals have the potential to be racist, otherwise, I see no innate racism in our government.
It has not been proven that the police system is systemically racist, and it never will, so the fact that African Americans are arrested more often but make-up only 13% of the population in America goes to show the culture that African American society has propagated. The real problem is the fact that African American kids grow up without a father in the household 50% of the time, meaning those kids have no sense of a fatherly authority and how to follow that, meaning they will care little about government law growing up. This is why so many African Americans are criminal offenders.
roadrider13

Pro

the example is a real racist law "no joke"
Xantog

Con

Please provide a link to this racist law so we can fight against it together. I have never heard of a law where police prefered arresting black men over any other. Law is supposed to be blind, not biased.
Posted by Leaning 1 month ago
Leaning
There are people of every race as police, military, doctors, scientists, politicians. I would imagine that there are isolated incidents here and there, but I wouldn't imagine it's a crisis. Then again I don't get out much or research that subject really, so perhaps I'll learn something new.
Posted by roadrider13 1 month ago
roadrider13
this is a good topic
Posted by roadrider13 1 month ago
roadrider13
k
Posted by Xantog 1 month ago
Xantog
Hello. Give me a day to do some research on the subject. I am very interested.