Grilled_Cheese
FuzzyCatPotato

Is rap having a negative effect on society?

FuzzyCatPotato

Grilled_Cheese

Pro

Rap is having a enormous effect on society.Before it was blacks being violent and a notorious race(you cant say im offending them because believe it or not im black born in manhattan and i was raised in the ghetto).Most likely more than 75% of rap has negative messages and telling people drugs are "cool".i even fell through their trap and i quickly became "ghetto".I would curse and even wanted to drugs.I dont mind rap existing but music is extremely powerful.Everyone listens to it and each music says its own thing.Rap is about unprotected sex,violence,drugs and hate.Ive been listening to rap for a long time and it had changed me completely even the way i dress mind you im not a old father who says it bad.Im in my youth and im lucky enough to realize this.THe only reason i noticed this is by listening to eminem and slaughterhouse and vinnie paz.They are amazing rappers and most of the time give positive messages someone needs to step up and change this.Even white people are becoming "ghetto" its horrible.Now rap i believe is the most listened genre of music.my most useful weapon in this debate is my experience.
FuzzyCatPotato

Con

CONTENTION ONE

Currently, Pro's entire argument is based on their "experience" and their assertions.

We have no evidence that this experience actually took place or that these assertions model reality.

You can reject Pro's case already.

If this doesn't work for you, consider this:

I used to be the leader of an international drug ring, selling over $420 billion dollars of nuclear weapons, kidnapped senior citizens, and pure marij-cocaine-phedamine-ethol every day. Then, I listened to over 69 hours of rap music and became a pillar of my community, and now donate at least 123 hours of community service every week.

Don't believe me? It's true [6].

CONTENTION TWO

Pro is pretty much wrong about rap and crime.

Rap decreases crime (or at least correlates with crime reductions) [3][4].

The vast majority of hip-hop listeners state that they would happily report crimes [5]

Rap has no connection with crime [6].

This one rapper caused 19 arrests for illegal gun distribution [2].

CONTENTION THREE

RAP has decreased crime in Townsville. In fact, the police run a RAP unit [1]. As the Townsville Bulletin states:

Crimes relating to unlawful entry to premises have dropped by 29 per cent and there has also been a decrease of 28 per cent of stolen vehicles. Acting Assistant Commissioner Northern Police Region Paul Taylor said RAP had arrested 253 people and also undertaken 3,077 curfew checks, 6,200 street checks and 130 bail condition checks.
Grilled_Cheese

Pro

fake evidence and not any real agrument im deciding whether or not this is a joke to you.just go to https://web.stanford.edu...
FuzzyCatPotato

Con

Pro calls my evidence fake, yet presents no reasons to think that anything I have said is wrong.

I'm quite serious, especially about Contention 2.

Pro's source is basically literary analysis. The source looks at the lyrics, goes "oh noes they're violent", and brings up a few anecdotes where rap was supposedly involved with crime. Anecdotal evidence is worthless [8]. Prefer my statistical resources, and prefer my numerically superior sources.

Pro has dropped Contention 1 and 3.

[8] http://rationalwiki.org...
Grilled_Cheese

Pro

Grilled_Cheese forfeited this round.
FuzzyCatPotato

Con

Vote Con.

8 sources to 1.

All Pro arguments rebutted.

Pro forfeits.
Posted by M4sturDebater 1 year ago
M4sturDebater
Wow, I think con already won this debate.
Posted by FuzzyCatPotato 1 year ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Bam! That's SCIENCE right there!
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 1 year ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Could be that rap music was a distraction which made the drug dealer less vigilant, and as a result, he got arrested and was sentenced to 123 hours of community service a week for the rest of his life.
Vote Placed by Mikal 1 year ago
Mikal
Grilled_CheeseFuzzyCatPotatoTied
Reasons for voting decision: con was able to make clear arguments that remained non refuted. The main thing that won him the debate was showing stats that as rap became popular crime declined which went unrefuted by pro and then a ff to top it off
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Grilled_CheeseFuzzyCatPotatoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff