DabOnTheOpposers
AMcCormack21

Is rape culture promoted by feminism to be taken seriously

DabOnTheOpposers has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

DabOnTheOpposers

Con

I believe the thought of a rape culture in first world countries such as Canada, the U.S.A, the U.K and New Zealand malarkey. Why is it that some people say rape is promoted in these countries that I just mentioned exists in mass. Rape is major crime punishable by life in prison. Surely you can't believe there are people who gives awards for most people raped in 1 month. Nearly everyone discourages rape in these countries and say they would never think of committing such an act. Proved rapists are put in prison and there is no denying that.
AMcCormack21

Pro

I don't think it's possible to debate the fact that rape is a very serious crime. That being said, I want to request we shift this argument more towards all of these rape allegations. I do not believe the feminist movement promotes or discourages rape culture, or has any impact on legitimate rapes. However, I am skeptical about a lot of these recent allegations that have come out against influential members of our society, as you know famous people will always have a group of people that hate them, and considering the amount of recent cases that have come up, I do think we should have the right to ask to see evidence of these very serious crimes. Even murders need clear and convincing evidence to convict the defendant. Best of luck to you!
Posted by Minddagger 3 weeks ago
Minddagger
Faking being a rape victim should also be punished