NKJVPrewrather
DrAnomaly

Is religion a right?

NKJVPrewrather has forfeited round #2.

NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Religion for example would be the Bible. I say yes. Con makes the first move.
DrAnomaly

Con

What is a right? You've made the posit that it is a right to hold a religion, so why? You've got the burden of proof.
Posted by DrAnomaly 6 months ago
DrAnomaly
"Is religion a right?
Answer: YES
Confirmation Scripture:Deuteronomy 30:19
19"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,"

Appeal to authority fallacy.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 6 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
emsiblook;
Society does not have the Right to be perverted! That Government has lost its sense as have you obviously, is not a reason to allow perversion in the land.

That"s what LGBT is! That your clearly to have not the intelligence nor common sense (stupid), to know that perversion is not a right is on you! But do not attempt to defend the undefensible.

Let us test your intelligence.
A man CAN BE converted to a REAL WOMAN ... true or False?
A Woman CAN BE converted into a REAL MAN .... true or false?
A Man or woman CAN BE converted into a REAL PENGUIN? .... true or false?

Setting aside your agenda ... let us prove whether they are perverted or not based on the REALITY of the answers to these questions ... as they are ALL THE SAME ANSWER!
Completely Scientifically and medically, Pathologically proveable!
FollowerofChrist1955
Is religion a right?
Answer: YES
19"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,
Posted by lIlIlIllIIIIllIlI 6 months ago
lIlIlIllIIIIllIlI
People should be able to preach their beliefs towards others, that's what freedom of speech is bud. Moreso, tell me what's specifically wrong with an individual wearing a homophobic shirt? It's how one views homosexuals, it's an opinion: nothing objectively wrong with it.
lIlIlIllIIIIllIlI
Posted by emsiblook 6 months ago
emsiblook
Absolutely not. I wish I could accept this but we're already locked in a debate elsewhere. I would agree with the right to free speech, but views of the religious getting any more privilege than the views of anyone else is ridiculous.

There seems to be an overwhelming respect for religion which exceeds the respect for any other type of view. It's okay to talk about politics, football teams etc. but as soon as you insult religion there is a huge backlash. In many cases it has gone too far.
For example, in 2004 many Christian groups were suing their Universities for enforcing anti-discriminatory rules such as one that meant its students were not allowed to abuse or harass homosexuals. The groups argued for freedom of religion, claiming that they had a right to push their views down others' throats, because Jesus.
In one case, a student sued his school for not letting him wear a T-Shirt that said 'Homosexuality is a sin'. The school claimed it was offensive, but the court case was victorious and he was allowed to wear the shirt because he claimed that it was freedom of religion that he should be able to wear it.
It's crazy to me that people are exempt from the law, because they believe that a being in the sky allowed them to be. Note this. If a group of atheists wanted to harass homosexuals then they would be shunned immediately. Freedom of speech isn't enough. But because it was related to religious freedom, the US Government had to allow it, because no one dares to challenge religion.

Why is that?
Posted by Joshua213P 6 months ago
Joshua213P
The Bible isn't a religion