AlexThunder
TheWarrior

Is religion for the weak?

TheWarrior

AlexThunder

Pro

Let me explain. After some thoughts what came into my mind is that Religion answers some answers that maybe science or logic can't explain at the moment, that not meaning its the right solution to these questions. So i was thinking: So, i don't believe in religion or God in general as i base my answers to these questions on science. If science has no answer, i just say we or i do not know yet. So the ones who believe in a religion for these answers can't research the scientific data? It seems to me like someone who believes in a religion (at least to a point like the Bible) is too bored or too bothered to get the scientific data or does not have a proper education. For people to say to me that the Earth is 6000 years old and mankind lived with dinosaurs at the same time whilst proper scientific data refutes these claims it's a sign of ignorance for truth. So is refuting the scientific data and believing strongly in a religion for the ignorant (equals weak)? I would like someone to debate with me on this subject, as i am not sure as to what to believe. Anyways, anyone can debate this one, good luck and i hope i can learn some information from my opponent and hopefully, this goes vice versa.

Any questions regarding the description section are welcome!
TheWarrior

Con

I would like to debate this with you. I would say that sometimes religion is a cop out and in that sense is for the weak minded. This is not always the case. I believe the bible and am a Christian. However, I do not accept young earth creationism. If yo wish to see my view on creationism please refer to this link. http://www.debate.org...

I am a firm believer that the Bible and science can be reconciled. So, I would say that religion can be used by the weak, but it is not necessarily for the weak.

May I say that Einstein, possibly the greatest mind to grace this earth, said there was a strong possibility for the existence of a god.
AlexThunder

Pro

AlexThunder forfeited this round.
TheWarrior

Con

Waiting for my opponents argument.
AlexThunder

Pro

AlexThunder forfeited this round.
TheWarrior

Con

Still waiting for opponent...
AlexThunder

Pro

AlexThunder forfeited this round.
TheWarrior

Con

I will take this as a forfeiture of my opponent. I ask that points be awarded to me.
Posted by RebelRebelDixieDixie01 2 years ago
RebelRebelDixieDixie01
An atheist is a person who believes him/ herself to be an accident.
Posted by AlexThunder 3 years ago
AlexThunder
No! the_streetsurfer you are one of the many Christians that have beliefs and still go the way of science. But if you want me to, it will take me just some seconds to give you examples (thousands) of people who believe in the Bible strongly and do not believe in science. People that think science is work of Satan to blind people from the truth of God. I'm surprised you did not know that. So do not generalize it that much.
Posted by taino92 3 years ago
taino92
this will be interesting.
Posted by the_streetsurfer 3 years ago
the_streetsurfer
Christians don't disregard science. We simply have our own beliefs about the origin of life. As a Christian I believe in just about everything science has to say except for evolution.
Posted by TheWarrior 3 years ago
TheWarrior
Sounds good.
Posted by AlexThunder 3 years ago
AlexThunder
Alright. Will take my time to read your views on it and will reply probably tomorrow.
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
AlexThunderTheWarriorTied