WillSmith9016
Gaston_Barrio

Is rock music dying out?

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Started: 1/9/2018 Category: Music
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Voting Period

WillSmith9016

Pro

Rock music is not dying out. People may listen to pop music and hip hop music more but rock music is just a classic you can't beat. With pop music you can't really hear the persons real voice since they usually edit their voice to sing. And most of the time neither pop or hip hop play with actual instruments. And with hip hop music usually they have inappropriate meanings that are really idiotic. And pop music isn't as upbeat and loud and what really makes me up set is when a pop artist tries to remake a rock song into a pop song like when Britney Spears did I Love Rock And Roll by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts. I mean are you really going to tell me that it is normal for a pop artist to sing a song about how much they love rock and roll? If you like rock and roll so much be a rock artist instead of a pop artist. A song called I Love Rock and Roll is not meant to be sung as a pop song. Britney Spears made the main focus of the video be her body. Pop artists mainly the female ones focus on showing off their body while rock music artists focus on giving their songs good meanings and a good music back drop. Rock music is not dying out and it will become more popular once people realize how stupid pop and hip hop music has gotten.
Gaston_Barrio

Con

Unfortunately, I believe rock music is dying out. What people are passing off today as "rock" is essentially louder pop music. People still enjoy, don't get me wrong, but less and less people are listening to it. I feel that eventually, no one will actually listen to it. As a die-hard metal-head myself, I think this is sad. Rock music's comforting grip on this nation is slowly slipping and being replaced by the untalented and callous stranglehold of hip-hop/rap and pop.

Rock music does use very real and very intricate methods of making music that you just don't see anymore. Most pop and hip-hop features synthesizers and pre-recorded instruments instead of making artists actually learn a skill instead of grunting or moaning into a microphone so distorted with voice modifications you couldn't tell who sang it if you were talking to them right there. As much as it pains me to say, rock and roll is dying, it will eventually fade away into a footnote at the bottom of some artist decades from now.
WillSmith9016

Pro

Rock music isn't dying out. It will be come popular again like it was in the 70s and 80s. People make listen to pop music more but there are still people who listen to rock music. There will always be people who listen to rock music because its way more meaningful than most of the music that comes out now.
Gaston_Barrio

Con

And I agree with that, all except about it's recurrence. I think that the few people who listen to rock now will continue until they die. But, I doubt many of their children, if they have any, will also listen to it. Eventually, less and less people will listen to it. However, I'm sure there will be a handful of people who faithfully bang their heads.
WillSmith9016

Pro

Yeah people hardly listen to it but if we just raise our children up on that type of music then they will then influence their kids and so on and that way more people will be listening to it. Rock music won't die out if we try and stop it from happening but at the moment no one is doing anything about it. Pop and hip hop music is taking over and we need to stop it. I mean Run DMC is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They aren't a bad group they just don't belong there. They aren't really a rock band and they never will be.
Gaston_Barrio

Con

I agree that Run DMC has no place in the Rock 'n Roll Hall Of Fame, but as to influencing your children, there's only so much you can do. If you force your children to listen to Rock, they will eventually not like it. I'm sure they'd have a sort of respect for it, but I doubt they'd actually listen to it and enjoy it. Eventually, they won't make their kids listen to rock and the amount of people who listen to rock would decrease exponentially until very little people even know about it, let alone listen to it.
Posted by SupaDudz 1 week ago
SupaDudz
Btw I am a huge Linkin Park fan so I have to agree
Posted by SupaDudz 1 week ago
SupaDudz
No no no. Rock is becoming less popular, but that doesn't mean it's dying. Believe it or not some bands you may not think are rock are considered rock. No way will Rock die
Posted by SirNoodles518 1 week ago
SirNoodles518
The big difference between rock and pop is that rock is classic and timeless whereas pop music dies out the moment it's not in the top charts. Evidence:
Despacito, a pop song released a year ago, was #1 in the charts a year ago whereas now it is slowly becoming forgotten.
Bohemian Rhapsody, a rock song released 43 years ago, is still just as loved as it was when it was 43 years ago and that doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

Another big difference is that in pop music you take away the singer and what do you hear? Just a simple backing track recorded by computers that really isn't that hard to make.
In rock you take away the singer and hear? A drummer, guitarist, bassist etc. all working their working hard and playing their instruments with passion.
Posted by Vvanadium 1 week ago
Vvanadium
Dang, I wish there were team debates now- I want to debate with youuuuuuuuu
Vote Placed by SupaDudz 1 week ago
SupaDudz
WillSmith9016Gaston_BarrioTied
Reasons for voting decision: The clarity and the truthfulness will outweigh in this case. CON kept using the point, we can't force children to like the music while PRO said: "grow up around it." It might make some impact, but not enough to keep the rock alive which CON does a great job of responding to. In the end, the vote is CON