TheGreatdeb8er
TheNextDaVinci

Is school necessary for learning and being successful?

TheGreatdeb8er

Pro

While most life experiences may teach you most things that you will use in your life, school is still a necessity for building social skills and learning basic knowledge.
TheNextDaVinci

Con

It is correct in assuming that school creates learning in social opportunities it is in fact an institution made for doing such things. However, saying it is necessary for such things is an incorrect assumption. The much commonly accepted definition of necessary is: required to be done, achieved, or present; needed; essential. School may make learning faster yet it is not necessary to achieve learning itself people learn just by seeing and hearing be it in school or out. If anything school is the learning of more specialized knowledge than basic knowledge as it can be argued that basic knowledge is learning words as a mama etc.
TheGreatdeb8er

Pro

While many will say that school is not necessary for learning basic knowledge, and that it is rather for specialized knowledge, this has one major flaw to it. Lets take home schooling for example. A parent has the ability to teach her children the things that a school will teach. However, where did the teacher, or the parent in this case, acquire those bits of knowledge to teach her children? In a school. Even if she received the information off of an online source, the person who wrote that curriculum or article obtained their intellect from attending school. Therefore, school plays an important role, and should be required.
TheNextDaVinci

Con

I cannot help but notice that you straying off topic. My interpretation of your argument is that going to school should be required and that you are against home schooling. This is contrary to the original topic that you posted on "Is school necessary for learning and being successful" as you simply put in that you were against home schooling. This would have been fine if you connected it the the original topic, but you did not.

As it is now I cannot post a new argument since you did not stick the original topic. There is no point for me to retort as like I said we are not on the correct topic, and you have failed to define anything of the topic, such as "necessary" or "successful". While doing this, you almost completely ignored my argument, and went off to your own world.
TheGreatdeb8er

Pro

I, for one, would like to point out the fact that you have strayed from the argument, and proceeded to attack my reasoning instead of logic to make your point. For whatever reason, I may never find out, but I can only presume it is because you do not have another counter argument. Nevertheless, I know that my argument was just fine. I was simply reaffirming my point that schools are necessary, using home schooling as an example, due to the fact that they provide most of the knowledge that is shared among the people of the world today.
TheNextDaVinci

Con

TheNextDaVinci forfeited this round.
Posted by Audrey63 1 year ago
Audrey63
Depends what you mean by school.. The education factor, definitely yes. The social factor, not so much, maybe a little just for your sanities sake. Although in this world, who you know seems to be more valuable than what you know...
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 1 year ago
WhineyMagiciann5
education, yes. school, no. there are plenty of successful people who were also drop outs.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
education is necessary, but not school