mrmann89
batman01

Is schwarzenegger better than stallone

batman01
Started: 11/10/2016 Category: Movies
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

mrmann89

Con

I think that schwarzenegger is a better action hero. Stallone is a better drama actor in his movies. I dont really have a stand but i wanna hear from you.
batman01

Pro

I accept your debate and I will be arguing that Sylvester Stallone is the superior actor and action hero to Arnold Schwarzenegger.
mrmann89

Con

I think schwarzennegger is the superior action hero
batman01

Pro

I'd have to disagree with you on that point and say the Stallone was the better action hero as well as the better actor:

1. Stallone is a better actor.

Sylvester Stallone is a far better actor than Arnold Schwarzenegger and has a much greater range in his performances. Instead of simply playing the stereotypical tough guy in each and every movie Stallone can give more complex performances; in his most famous role (Rocky Balboa) he played a troubled young man who overcomes to become great instead of just having a cliche masculine greatness heaped upon him. The distinction between the complexity of characters they like to play can even been seen in Rambo where Stallone plays a Vietnam dischargee who is an outsider danged up upon by a group of local policemen.

2. Stallone is more than just an actor.

He has written many of his best roles and for this reason his talent as an entertainer generally is much larger. He has written and directed most of his most popular films including Rocky and First Blood. His talent to create as well as act I think is one of the things that helps him stand above Arnuld.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
mrmann89

Con

I agree with you now that you say it. I will say that Rocky is not an action movie. First Blood was such a great movie it was one that I walked away from that with my brain actually contemplating what I had just seen. My mom introduced me to Stallone and I have loved him ever since. In cop land he showed that action movies aren't just about killing and shooting. He also played in more drama movies than Schwarzenegger like Rocky, Victory, and Over the Top. In all of his drama movies he is able to combine it with action or sports. I finally agree. Now tell me your favorite Stallone movie.
batman01

Pro

If I had to pick just one I'd choose Rocky but I think in terms of action movies its hard to go wrong with First Blood.
Posted by batman01 3 weeks ago
batman01
Just to clarify are you then arguing for Schwarzenegger?
Posted by batman01 3 weeks ago
batman01
Vote Placed by Philosophy123 3 weeks ago
Philosophy123
mrmann89batman01Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro makes a valid point and actually changes con's mind.