YummyBurgers
ewfewfewdf

Is single-sex schools better for students?

YummyBurgers

YummyBurgers

Pro

Hello, I will start this debate by defining the motion. By single-sex schools, I mean schools with only girls or only boys in one school. As I am done defining to motion, I will begin my arguments.

1. Distraction
Children of he opposite sex can be a distraction. Especially for middle and high school students, there could be students who date each other, and this could be a big distraction for students who need to study. As you know, middle and high school is the time to study to o to a better high school/university. But if there are co-ed schools, even the students that are trying to study could be distracted by the opposite sex. As you know, dating between students could happen whether you like it or not. Of course you could just deny it if someone else likes you, but what happens if you like someone, that's not going to be easy to den, and it's also going to be a big distraction.

2. Girls and Boys are Different.
According to bbcactive.com, girls and boys need different environments for studying. For example, girls respond better to warmer temperatures while boys respond better to cooler temperatures. Also, girls prefer collaborative and discussion-based learning while boys can dominate discussions and group-based teamwork. If we consider these variables, we can make the best environment for each boys and girls, improving both of their scores. According to singlesexschools.org, 37% of the boys in co-ed classes scored proficient, and 59% of the girls in co-ed classes scored proficient while 86% of the boys in single-sex classes scored proficient, and 75% girls in single-sex classes scored proficient.

3. Stereotypes
Single-sex schools break down stereotypes about the opposite sex. According to affrodite.net, girls are most likely to study computer science and technology in single-sex schools than girls educated in a co-ed school. Furthermore, these girls are more likely to compete in and excel at competitive sports than are girls attending co-ed schools. Boys attending co-ed schools are said to study more openly renouncing the notion that studying and academic success is "not cool." Co-ed schools could end up stereotyping and discriminating against opposite-sex students based on gender.
ewfewfewdf

Con

YOU ARE SO STUPID fOR THINKING THS . EVERYONE {EVEM JEWS!!!) NEEDS A REASHIONSHIP IN SH=CHOOL WITH TEACHERS AND PEOPLE OFF THE STREET WONT WANT TO WALK INTO A SCHOOL WITHONLY BOYS OR GIRLLS

JGJG

F

END OF STORY I H8 JEWS
YummyBurgers

Pro

First of all, I would like you to take this debate a bit more seriously. When I posted this motion and made 3 arguments with so much effort, I don't like people randomly coming in and crush the debate, making it so no one else can debate seriously, so I would sincerely make a request to you that from now on please take debates more seriously. If you start a debate, you don't just start it and wait for someone to make it useless. And this isn't just for me and you, it's for all those debaters out there who comes into this website to debate seriously, and if people like you ruin it, it really feels bad. Once again, I sincerely request that you take debates seriously.
ewfewfewdf

Con

OMG THATIS AT TERRIBLE ARGUMENT I AM DOING IT SERIOSLY MY COMPUTER IS STUCK ON CAPS LOCK :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
THIS TRIGGERS ME SO MUCH I FELL SO BAD I WANT TO RAGEON SOME MORE STUPI9D JEWS
ANYWAY

Single-sex education (teaching boys and girls in separate classrooms or schools) is an old approach that"s gaining new momentum. While single-sex education has long existed in many private schools, it"s a relatively new option for public schools. The National Association for Single-Sex Public Education estimates that approximately 400 public schools now offer some form of single-sex education. What is fueling this movement? And what are the risks and benefits of single-sex education?

THERE I HAVE A ARGUMENT BETTER

YOUR GRAMMAR IS SOO BAD YOU IS MENT TO SAR ARE SIGLE-SEX SCHOOLS BETTER FOR STUDENTS
YummyBurgers

Pro

I still don't think you are taking this seriously, but let's say you are, and rebut. I don't know if you understood, but you are supporting Co-ed schools, but your argument was about single-sex schools gaining momentum, but this doesn't support either side, and I have to believe that you just copied a paragraph from a random website
ewfewfewdf

Con

OMG YOU DONT TAKE ME SEROSLY HERE IS AN VERY GOOD ARGUMENT FOR YOU BUT OMG WAIT YOU CANNT COUNTER IT HAHAHAHAHA
The age-old debate around single sex schools versus mixed schools is back on the educational agenda once more, with experts from across the education sector still divided on the subject. The number of single sex private schools may have halved in the last 20 years, but the advantages of single sex schools have resurfaced yet again. This is partly due to recent news that girls in single sex state schools get better GCSE results than those in mixed schools, including those from poorer backgrounds. The SchoolDash research found that 75% of pupils at single-sex schools achieved five good GCSEs compared to just 55% in mixed schools.

AND HAHHEREIS A NOTHER
Mixed schools are arguably kinder and less pressured environments than single sex schools, with less gender specific intensity and a more balanced approach. In single sex schools, girls in particular can be very intense emotionally, which could potentially distract them from achieving their full potential. Some research also indicates that far from breaking down gender stereotypes, sex segregation can actually promote these stereotypes among students. By attending a mixed school, children could be seen to have a head start in life " a natural ability to feel at ease with the opposite sex which is essential for success in their adult life.

I IS GOOD AT THIS GAME
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Hahaha. Someone reported my vote?!! Hilarious!
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: dsjpk5// Mod action: NOT Removed<

5 points to Con (Conduct, S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision:

[*Reason for non-removal*] No RFD is required in this debate, therefore votes on it are not moderated.
************************************************************************
Posted by Youngastronomer 1 year ago
Youngastronomer
Tom, poor grammar makes a person look like a 10 year old trying to speak, putting grammar makes someone appear more mature, that's why it's recommended.
Posted by HAwoman 1 year ago
HAwoman
Con does bring up a valid point, instigator.
Posted by tommylibertarian1 1 year ago
tommylibertarian1
Sorry, Grammar Nazi has arrived. Shouldn't it be "Are single-sex schools better for students?"
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
YummyBurgersewfewfewdfTied