20hlynch21
Bocaj1000

Is sitting/kneeling/raising a fist acceptable durring the national anthem

Bocaj1000 has forfeited round #3.

20hlynch21

Con

It is proven that doing one of those three things is being disrespectful to the flag, which means you are being disrespectful to America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bocaj1000

Pro

Alas, it is only disrespectful because you believe it is disrespectful. I accept the debate. I will allow the Con to make the first point in the next round.
20hlynch21

Con

Bocaj1000

Pro

I'm not going to make this long because you seem to lack interest, and you copy and paste your first response for your second.
First off let me say again that it is only acceptable if you accept it as such. So in reality, this is up to you.

Second; sitting, kneeling, and raising fists are all ways that one can exhibit their freedom of speech. The people that are currently doing these actions believe that there is an injustice happening in America, and this is their way to give it publicity.

Third; you say that it is "proven." Actions considered disrespectful against the USA flag have not been explained in law, so it cannot be defined as "proven to be disrespectful." You seem to be arguing this cause simply because you see other people getting mad over. They're simply making a big deal out of nothing. USA believes in free speech, and thus we should accept countering behavior, even if we don't like it.
20hlynch21

Con

These quotes come from football players, but can be transferred: "It was our goal to be unified as a team and to be respectful of everyone"s opinions, and the remembrance of 9/11," the team said in a statement. "It"s our job as professional athletes to make a positive impact on our communities and to be proactive when change is needed." Seattle wide receiver Doug Baldwin, in a video he posted online announcing his team"s decision to link arms, said, "Progress can and will be made only if we stand together."
Posted by 20hlynch21 7 months ago
20hlynch21
How is if one of the most passive ways if the people who pay the football players stop paying them because of it?
Posted by sboss18 7 months ago
sboss18
Kneeling during the anthem is one of the most passive ways to protest social and racial injustices, and you still have a problem with it? Would you care to provide examples of protesting that you are okay with?
Posted by 20hlynch21 7 months ago
20hlynch21
You can fight injustice without disrespecting the country.I understand if you are injured but anything else is not acceptable.
Posted by straightup.gong 7 months ago
straightup.gong
I sometimes sit during the pledge in school, and when I do stand, I don't put my hand over my heart. I like that my teachers don't mind when I sit. Although when I sit, it's for a reason such as I'm in pain or I'm reading a book or doing my work. I live in America, but I'm not proud of it. I'm definitely not proud of this country. We're a wreck.
Posted by User.name 7 months ago
User.name
Everything done should be done for a reason. I don't think it should be considered "disrespectful". If you are kneeling or raising a fist due to racial issues (black fist for example), since you are standing up to racial equality (most likely between the police shootings lately). Sitting down, on the other hand, is just weird. I mean, if you are just sitting down, for no reason whatsoever, it should be considered disrespectful to the country.