experiment626
TheBlackDragon04

Is soccer better than American football

experiment626
Started: 4/22/2016 Category: Games

experiment626

Pro

Soccer is better than Football for the following reasons.

1. It's Global Popularity. There are way more soccer teams in the world than football teams. American Football isn't even played in most countries. And I would like to point out that soccer is an Olympic sport, unlike football.

2. Pretty much anyone can play soccer.
All you need is a ball, and a place to be the goal(which can be pretty much anything from a real goal to between two points on a wall.) and some people to play with you. Also football is typically just for guys, while there are national leagues founded just for women's soccer.

3. Soccer is inexpensive.
The most expensive items you need for soccer are the cleats and the ball. You don't need cleats unless you are playing compatibly and you can get a ball for like 10 dollars. The only other things you need is a jersey and shorts, and chancres.

4. Soccer is easy to learn.
Soccer is pretty easy to learn, because once you figure out that you can't use your hands, and not to purposely try to hurt people you are okay.

5. Soccer is a fast-paced games.
Unlike football which stops like every three minutes, soccer doesn't stop to often.

Parts of Argument from
http://www.livestrong.com...
TheBlackDragon04

Con

Against Soccer
1. Soccer stops every time there is a foul or timeout.
2. Soccer players can't take a hit.
3. They try to purposely hit people all of the time in soccer.
4. Not all people have hand-eye coordination.
5. Soccer games are the spawn for riots and terrorist attacks. (France vs. Germany)
For Football
1. Football toughens people up.
2. Football has less running.
3. Football is a great after school activity.
4. Football involves more teamwork because in soccer, one person can just run up and score. In football, the line, the quarterback, and the wide receivers need to work together for a pass play.
experiment626

Pro

During this argument, I plan on pointing out all of the problems with my opponents argument.

1. You get injured in football more often.
The journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics just published a fascinating examination of emergency room visits for concussions from 2001 to 2005 in 100 US hospitals among kids aged 8 to 19. For kids between 8-13, 10% of all sports-related concussions were from football while soccer was at about 4%..

2. You can run up and score in football too, and If you have ever seen a pro soccer game you should know that there is a ton of passing the ball.

3. Anyone can play soccer. For football you need a ton of padding and a specially shaped ball. With soccer you can play with as long as it is spherical, which most balls are.

4. Football stops ever time someone falls down.
5. In football there are specifically made positions for knocking people over.

My opponent never attacked my first,second, third, or fourth point, and silence is compliance.

Also I have a few questions that I would like my opponent to answer in their next argument.
1. Are you aware that people have died from football related injuries?
2. Do you have a source to back up parts of your argument, and if you do put a link into the next argument.
TheBlackDragon04

Con

Your right, I forfeit. I still stand by football in this argument. But, you're right. I have no sources, and your facts are correct and can be supported by evidence. Well, good match, and I hope to see you in another debate.
Posted by Artur 1 year ago
Artur
what I posted is not related to the debate.

football = FOOT+ball.
the game which americans call football is mainly played with hand, not ball.
calling this game football is no different than calling football (the original footbal game. not fake one which is confused by americans.) handball since goalkeepers in football can play with their hand.

what the f.ck anericans drink when they call such game football? I do not understand.
Posted by TheBlackDragon04 1 year ago
TheBlackDragon04
Shut up fok_u. He made a good point, and I couldn't argue back
Posted by Artur 1 year ago
Artur
it is very funny Americans say soccer instead of football and call a game which is mainly played with hand FOOTball.

what the hell was americans drinking when they named the games? Football is football, not soccer. American football should be named something like soccer or different name.
Posted by fok_u 1 year ago
fok_u
That was sad. Horrible debate on the Con side. Just gave up like that. Wimp.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
experiment626TheBlackDragon04Tied
Reasons for voting decision: hghjksdjdjknf bhjkd fj ryhrufjhfhffhhfhfhhfhfhoq uf3qqumoaojf denceinhetjsdn owhaks yieonf kkgkg jgjjgjdfiuoe aufhihfhfhfhfhhfhf this is a jsdjdjf mowhahaksn nsjd expirement 626 and black dragon, expir wins yipee hdjfjgkgkgkg djfk CONCESSION VOTE FOR PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vote Placed by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
experiment626TheBlackDragon04Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.