Joey888
edawg99

Is space worth exploring?

edawg99 has forfeited round #2.

Joey888

Pro

The question is on the subject of whether space should be explored or not. Round 1 will be for explanation of rules and acceptance. Round 2 will be for providing arguments and Round 3 will be for providing rebuttals. Please leave a comment if you wish to accept this debate and I will choose.
edawg99

Con

Joey888

Pro

There are many opportunities in space. There are countless, since space is so big. That should encourage people to go out and explore space and embrace space. We should be colonizing planets in the deepest reaches of space. Movies like Star Wars and Star Trek should encourage people to build flying craft like the ones they show. There is an abundance of minerals that we can harvest to help us develop new technologies.
Posted by Edlvsjd 4 months ago
Edlvsjd
space is fake, there's some liquid, and heaven up there, so yes and no
Posted by GoOrDin 4 months ago
GoOrDin
I would accept, but I am presently in this very same debate. and I can't troll by flooding all the similar topics with my nameface.
Posted by GoOrDin 4 months ago
GoOrDin
The answer is not simple, but it is obvious.

The best philosophers and scientists of the world's history, the most noteworthy at least, recognized or successful in other words said, NO.

Given the real world circumstances regarding resources, conflicts, motives and understandings - the understanding that space is both, vast, void, dangerous uninhabitable - we can determine that it is not worth exploring.

Granted, there may be generations for whom our technology is advanced, the universe may change, the resolution of conflicts may present the necessity or spiritual development (hope, dreams, faith), and resources here may become limited [despite the fact our world is a perpetual environment, and the only hope would be to: to continue IT'S lifecycles elsewhere.]. These generations do not exist, and are not on the foreseeable horizon of our reality.

Therefor no, and the subjective circumstances to suggest otherwise, do not exist. Thus the answer is no, the 'while-worth' likewise does not exist.

Moreover, alternative goals are so much more fulfilling and fruitful that the worth being overshadowed by an alternative objective which requires the same time and resources to be invested in it actually proves that it is the absence of knowledge to indicate space travel is worth our time.