dkishore
Adam_MOD

Is tape sticky?

Adam_MOD
Started: 12/5/2013 Category: Funny

dkishore

Con

Imagine this: A world where tape is sticky! Seems a whole lot diffirent than our world, right? Yay! I win!
Adam_MOD

Pro

The very definition of this "tape" is an adhesive used to fasten or hold something together. An adhesive is something able to stick fast to a surface or object. If the implications of your argument are clear to me; then I assume that you are arguing against the very English Language that is being used as a medium of communication between us. You are arguing your very ability to argue, and with that one statement, implying nothing less than blasphemy!
dkishore

Con

My opponent has said "The very definition of this "tape" is an adhesive used to fasten or hold something together. An adhesive is something able to stick fast to a surface or object. If the implications of your argument are clear to me; then I assume that you are arguing against the very English Language that is being used as a medium of communication between us. You are arguing your very ability to argue, and with that one statement, implying nothing less than blasphemy!" But in counterattack to this, I say: LIke a Boss!
Adam_MOD

Pro

Without the oversize quote, Con's previous argument would span less than ten words, to which I applaud. Now, to the content of my opponents ten words, "like a boss" is a common phrase that, though used frequently, makes no coherent sense in terms of the English language. As a commentator stated:
"Imagine no tape............. Its easy if you try........ No Tape sticking below us, above us only tape....."
This very statement, implicitly, suggests that it is only possible mentally, without any logical sense, to even suggest such a preposterous debate. I contend.
dkishore

Con

I rock, don't I? :D TApe is not sticky in MY world:D

Signed, The Boss
Adam_MOD

Pro

Once again, my opponent manages to completely ignore all possible applications of the English language , though in a slightly longer response. But, the concept contained within those fourteen words, is a deep philosophical question, not unlike what was implied in the title of this debate. Philosophy and religion alike attempt to answer questions such as these; inquiries upon our very being, for, by stating "Tape is not sticky in my world", Con is asking: "why does it need to be sticky at all"? Why are things as they seem? Could the most blatantly obvious be wrong?
To this I answer yes, but the probabilities are what really make something true or false. If I drop a coin, it falls down, if gravity is the only force acting upon it, but yet, this is but a theory, though a well established one, because we can only guess what will happen in the future. And so, following the same reasoning, I state:
"It has been previously, throughout my life, and throughout others', that tape is, indeed, sticky"
dkishore

Con

No! If you want, I can make long, detailed answers, but who reads those? Fine..... First off, since my opponent has not yet defined the definition of tape and what type it is, Therefore I present MY definition. Tape(n.) An object used to hold together materials. Aha! But, you see tape IS NOT STICKY! It is only the adhesive that is sticky, not the object itself! The impact of this is that tape is NOT STICKY, but the adhesive in tape is sticky. Therefore, I seem to have won.
-The Boss
Adam_MOD

Pro

If we are to go into the specifics, then, gladly, I will follow your lead. My opponent is incorrect in that I have not "defined the definition of tape", this was done in round one:
"The very definition of this "tape" is an adhesive used to fasten or hold something together"
And, while it is, indeed true that adhesive is the "sticky" part of tape, it is just that, part of tape, and so, therefore, as the transitive logic of algebra states, the tape, within itself, is, indeed, sticky. Therefore, I daresay, my opponent was a cit optimistic in saying that they have won.
dkishore

Con

Tape itself is a non-sticky object. 'Tis the adhesive applied that makes it sticky. If you look it up, you will see that in th etape making process, they make the tape first, and then put on the adhesive later on.
-The Boss
Adam_MOD

Pro

My opponent here seems to rather like twisting definitions to his/her advantage: as I said before, while adhesive is the sticky part of tape, it is part of tape, much as keyboards themselves do not make characters you type appear on a screen, but without keyboards, there would not be letters on a screen at all; a computer is not a computer if it does not receive input from a keyboard (or other device), much as tape is not tape without the adhesive. Yes, in factories, they add on the adhesive, but before they do, that strip of wafer thin cloth, is simply not tape, so it is not the tape that is not sticky, but the cloth before it becomes tape.
It has been a pleasure debating with you, and I hope that you see the error in your reasoning.
"Imagine all the tape rolls ...... taping tap-y tape ....... You may say that i'm an anti-tapeist, but I'm not the only one....." <- this would have made you victor regardless of argument
Posted by emil1 3 years ago
emil1
what the hell is going on?
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Pro, I love how your debate is still so dignified, even after "like a boss" :))
Posted by SonicGhost 3 years ago
SonicGhost
Imagine no tape............. Its easy if you try........ No Tape sticking below us, above us only tape.....

-Tape Tapennon
Vote Placed by Gs325jcbd 3 years ago
Gs325jcbd
dkishoreAdam_MODTied
Reasons for voting decision: the Con made absolutly no sense and did not even try. He kept says he is a boss when clearly he is not. The pro, on the other hand gave good reasons
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
dkishoreAdam_MODTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con won in round one.