kyleboehmer
Not_A_Retard

Is technology taking over students in school?

kyleboehmer has forfeited round #2.
Started: 1/31/2018 Category: Technology

kyleboehmer

Con

Technology is taking over students lives because they are always on there device when they are suppose to be doing Homework.
Not_A_Retard

Pro

I accept your challenge, my good sir. Well, due to your very short description, I do not know WHICH school you are talking about. (high school, college, elementary, middle) Anyways, I promise you will make you believe that technology doesn't distract kids at school

Opening Statement: I would like to start this statement by saying I still go to school. Sophomore in College. My first reason as to why technology doesn't distract kids at school is that most schools ban phones/computers during class. Now, I know that just because something is a rule doesn't mean people will follow it. (Gun control) But I also mean that teachers will have usually spotted a child who is playing games/on their phone, unless they are incompetent. It is pretty easy to sight.

Second reason, is that for the most part, technology helps more than hurts. Technology is being used at school all the time (those electric white boards, teacher's computers, etc.) and these things pose no harm to children. I would also find it very hard to go into school without tech. Reminders, seeing your homework, and contacting teachers are all beneficial.

I have done a very brief overview of why I don't believe tech is distracting our kids, because these are the opening statements. I hope to develop more so on these ideas as our debate goes on.
Posted by Actions_Speak 5 months ago
Actions_Speak
You seem to have accidently chosen con.