Haro
Plsm8

Is technology the Achilles heel of humanity?

Haro

Pro

I think so. If you took technology away from our society which is built upon our advances what skills do people have to survive?
Plsm8

Con

Hi! This is my first debate :D
Now before I even begin, I must address the fact I do believe that humanity would suffer severely without technology. However, I took this debate to open myself to new ideas. Furthermore, I feel this is a very interesting and fun topic to debate.

Humanity has always used technology. Even since the stone age, our ancestors have used stone tools and utilized fire. Sure, we depend on technology for survival. Though, that's how it's always been! Our own brains have evolved to have consciousness. Since our beginning, humanity has used technology to survive. This is key to note, because that's why humans have dominated Earth for so long! We have a higher consciousness than most animals, and have technology to assist us with everyday things (including defending ourselves against animals that would easily kill us otherwise without the help of firearms).

Technology may range in complexion. Right now I'm using a computer with an i3 processor with hyper-threading. To many, that's complex. However, technology can be things as simple as a well for water in 3rd world countries! So asking if humanity would collapse if we didn't have technology is indeed obvious, as that has been our secret weapon, if you will, to surviving all these centuries! However, humans will always stay intellectual and though some may not have skills in survival, others will still create technology for assistance in daily life. Humanity would, as they always have, rebuild should technology fail.
Haro

Pro

Haro forfeited this round.
Plsm8

Con

Plsm8 forfeited this round.
Haro

Pro

Haro forfeited this round.
Plsm8

Con

Plsm8 forfeited this round.