chantelmae
Macar0ni

Is teen pregnancy acceptable?

chantelmae

Con

I do not think that teen pregnancy is acceptable at all, for the reasons of they have very little financial support, teens are young and not fully responsible enough, and they just have a hard time finding time.
Macar0ni

Pro

Teen pregnancy is acceptable.

My first contention is that a lot of times teen pregnancy occurs because the parents are not responsible enough to talk to their children about this subject and guide them in the right direction. Therefore the parents should provide financial support and their responsibility should extend to their, in this case, grandchildren until their kids are 18 and can take care of the child and are responsible enough and have time.

My second contention is the only reason teen pregnancy is not acceptable is because it is frowned upon in today's society. People believe that for a girl to get pregnant she has to have sexual relationships with multiple people. This is not true whatsoever. I don't see why teen pregnancy is not acceptable if two people love each other enough then they should be able to make decisions for their future as their influence from their parents slowly fades away.

My third contention is teenagers can get jobs, teenagers can get abortions, and teenagers can usually get financial support from their parents. So for no reason should they not be financially prepared if they are willing to have a child. Teenagers in many states can take a GED and graduate from high school when they are 16 and also when they are 18 they are able to decide not to go to college and take care of their child instead. Again, remember this is all their choice and they should be able to decide what they want to do with their future.

My opponent said that they are not fully responsible enough and I would like to say that some teenagers are responsible enough. Age doesn't decide intellectual maturity.

My opponent also said they have very little financial support and as I said earlier teenagers can get jobs, teenagers can get abortions, and teenagers can usually get financial support from their parents.

Lastly, my opponent said they just have a hard time finding time. I also refuted that argument in my third contention saying how teenagers in many states can take a GED and graduate from high school when they are 16 and also when they are 18 they are able to decide not to go to college and take care of their child instead.

My opponent has no valid reasoning why teen pregnancy is not acceptable in this day and age.
chantelmae

Con

chantelmae forfeited this round.
Macar0ni

Pro

Macar0ni forfeited this round.
chantelmae

Con

chantelmae forfeited this round.
Macar0ni

Pro

Macar0ni forfeited this round.