Niall_McGee27
CodeFunny

Is the American Dream achieveable?

Started: 1/23/2016 Category: Economics

Niall_McGee27

Pro

If you work hard you can achieve the American Dream. This means not being lazy and doing what it takes to achieve it. People who say it isn't achieveable because either they don't have it or don't want it bad enough. My apologizes. The American Dream is defined as being able to live in a stable job with stable income, enough to satisifed the needs without concern.
CodeFunny

Con

According to James Truslow Adams, the American Dream is "a dream of social order in which each man and each woman shall be able to attain to the fullest stature of which they are innately capable, and be recognized by others for what they are." I would like to ask Pro to answer the following question: Is it actually possible for someone to reach their "fullest stature of with they are innately capable"?

http://www.loc.gov...
Niall_McGee27

Pro

look we both can have different definitions of fully capable but yes I think it still is fully achievable. Donald trump, Steve jobs, bill gates and all of the other successful people. It takes something called hard work.
CodeFunny

Con

Donald Trump, Steve Jobs, and Bill Gates are all hated or not fully-liked by at least one person.
I also want to ask Pro: What is your definition of fully capable?
Additionally, the American Dream means you don't have to work abnormally hard (like those three) and it says nothing about being rich.
I would like to ask Pro: Is there anyone who is fully liked by everyone while they don't work hard?
Niall_McGee27

Pro

First off hated is not the right term in regards to trump, gates, and jobs. Admired, successful, and respected would be the terms. Also if you are just basing your definition of the American Dream off a quote, you just can't. Question for Con: can the American Dream definition change as time changes?
I'm not saying only people who are rich can achieve the American Dream. Work hard and you will be able to achieve the American Dream. Question for Con: can lazy people achieve the American Dream
CodeFunny

Con

James Truslow Adams actually invented the concept of the American Dream, so I don't think anyone can say his definition is wrong. Also, Trump, Gates, and Jobs are generally admired, successful, and respected but not by everyone.
I would like to ask Pro: What is your definition of the American Dream. Why do you think so?
Niall_McGee27

Pro

Niall_McGee27 forfeited this round.
CodeFunny

Con

CodeFunny forfeited this round.
Niall_McGee27

Pro

Niall_McGee27 forfeited this round.
CodeFunny

Con

CodeFunny forfeited this round.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
NO. the 52 Divided States of America alone stand to prove it, however
their political structure impairs the capacity to find communal unity,
the economic structure is not sustainable, and thrives on indulgence and social inequality and the harvesting of young women for adulterers,
The Globe hates them, No one likes the USA, who are notoriously renowned for being bigots. American's wear Canadian flags to travel,
America is depleting government and environmental resource management efficiency,

three other countries exceed USA in power and the USA is so pompous they do not acknowledge it and use propaganda to complete delude their population.

Lastly; Manifest Destiny was not an American Dream. It was an aim to attain Utopia and establish a Christian government.
No such government will be erected through the USA and thus is 100% impossible, for THAT specific vision of a Christian Utopia being erected.
And your version of Manifest Destiny was not the actual Clause presented many a year ago, so Your version is simply BS.

Amen, God Bless, and HOO-RA (Hoo-ra is a Russian word)
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
I t would be if we could get the fascists and socialists out of office and restore American freedom.
Posted by BrendanD19 1 year ago
BrendanD19
Um, very simply no.
I think that this isn't really being debated any more.
Posted by Lsumichiganfan 1 year ago
Lsumichiganfan
Define American dream
Posted by matt8800 1 year ago
matt8800
American Dream needs to be defined.