Is the Bible against women's rights?

The Bible has multiple quotes against the rights of women. In my opinion, it is a pretty outdated book reflecting the ideologies and philosophies of society during that era.
Some quotes from the Bible which reflect this:

1) "You shall not covet your neighbor"s house. You shall not covet your neighbor"s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor." Exodus 20:17

- Neither men nor women should be considered anyone's properties by any means. That is highly disrespectful and lessens a person's value and autonomy.

2) "If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do." Exodus 21:7

- Humans do not deserve to be sold like common lifeless objects.

3) "28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." Deuteronomy 22:28-29

- Raping a person is absolutely unacceptable and the fact that they're implying that the rapist's actions lead to the ownership of the victim is even more unacceptable.

4) "If, however the charge is true and no proof of the girl"s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father"s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death." Deuteronomy 22:20-21.

- This is implying that used brides are meant to be punished by death.

5) " 19 ""When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. 20 ""Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. 21 Anyone who touches her bed will be unclean; they must wash their clothes and bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening. 22 Anyone who touches anything she sits on will be unclean; they must wash their clothes and bathe with water, . . . 30 The priest is to sacrifice one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. In this way he will make atonement for her before the LORD for the uncleanness of her discharge. 31 ""You must keep the Israelites separate from things that make them unclean, so they will not die in their uncleanness for defiling my dwelling place,[a] which is among them."" Leviticus 15: 19-31

- This is implying that menstruation makes women spiritually unclean. If this was the case and if God truly supported this claim and was truly existent: why would menstruation represent fertility?

6) "A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period. " 3 On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised. 4 Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. 5 If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding. 6 " "When the days of her purification for a son or daughter are over, she is to bring to the priest at the entrance to the tent of meeting a year-old lamb for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a dove for a sin offering." Leviticus 12: 1-8

- Implying that a woman is unclean postpartum. I don't see how giving birth makes you unclean. Technically, reproduction is essential for the continuity of the human species.

1) I'm not trying to bash Christianity, this is solely a debate.
2) Respect my opinion and I'll respect yours.
3) Provide sources for your counterarguments.
4) Don't be disrespectful and commit any logical fallacies by attacking me personally as this results in a logical fallacy called "Ad hominem".

Thank You for the opportunity to reason with you on this topic, I appreciate, your candor.

First let me state that the references you are using are old testament (History of the Church) and as such are no longer in effect as Christ came and fulfilled old testament, beginning a NEW covenant. Which began a new era ". One of Grace! I will sometimes use capitals as a point of emphasis ". It is not nor should be misconstrued as yelling, please.

Now accepting that the Bible IS the word of God ". Lets tackle the first question ". Women"s rights. Does it trample on them ".. in a word, absolutely! On the other hand it ALSO tramples on the Rights of Men? Allow me to explain.

The Bible is Gods word, thru it we learn, are guided, enlightened, chastened when we need to be and the like. God makes His point upclose and personal right out of the gate. That"s why He"s God right? God set before the eyes of man the complete history, of creation too the last day of Life on THIS earth (He states He will create a New earth in revelation). In our search for God, we seek what? Salvation, yes? We hear of Hell fairly quickly in churches so we are naturally prone to avoid such a place. We naturally want to be right with God don"t we?

First step ".. SUBMIT to His authority.
To submit is too- accept or yield to a superior force or to the authority or will of another person. (dictionary)

*that very much implies, the sacrificing of your rights, doesn"t it?

What MOST don"t understand till much later is that it means EXACTLY what it implies. We have to sacrifice not ONLY our right to do what we want to, when we want to, how we want to, whenever we want to, we ALSO have to surrender what we BELIEVE, in order to learn the TRUTH of life. You see our intellect really does get in the way. And FEELINGS ". Man those really give us trouble. Because most of us RESPOND to feelings almost exclusively ". Don"t we?

2nd step ". REPENT and TURN AWAY from sin".. actually God helps us a lot in this arena. Once a person accepts God as God, the urges to sin, become unpleasant to us. Don"t get me wrong we certainly could sin ". BUT? You WILL notice a VERY UNCOMFORTABLE feeling just before you do it. You don"t have to confess or nothing but, I remember the very first time I took something that didn"t belong to me ".. I had this, strange repulsion, a sense of wrong crept up inside me!

Did I still take it? Yeah, I was pretty much a toad at that point in my life ".. the point is, that EVERYTIME you start to do something that goes against God, you"re going to FEEL that same thing. IF we could JUST turn away from whatever it is, that"s making us feel that way, Christ would not have had to die. Unfortunately, we DON"T.

I"ve been a believer for years and years and I"m STILL learning. The point is ".. If you carefully consider WHO God is? Even from a dictionary perspective.

(in Christianity) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

It"s VERY accurate. As I think you can attest to from the everyday news ".. if it feels good do it, isn"t working, WHY? Because mankind, IS inherently evil. Which is why you have to teach a child to be GOOD, the kid has bad down pat as a toddler. Have you noticed that children LEARN habits even when we DON"T teach them? They"re just BAD habits, Right?

In conclusion, in order for God to help us become (all that we can be) so to speak, we must submit to His authority, we must turn from a life of sin ".. what is sin? Remember the feeling you get when it"s wrong? Yeah pretty much all the time for a while. But inevitably, life becomes less and less sinful, sure we blow it from time to time, but we just get back up dust ourselves off and keep on keeping on.

EVERYONE sins ".. the only difference between the unsaved and the saved ".. is that Jesus, paid the price we could not pay. Eternal life? It"s free! All we have to do is follow Jesus lead in our daily lives, so although we do fall, it becomes the exception instead of the rule. Most people sin all their lives, doing good only to those who do good to them, loving only those who love them, helping only those they want to help, and giving into what they want almost exclusively.

Yes, they do have the Right to do that? BUT ". It comes at a terrible price ". Doesn"t it?

As to Government? They give in to whatever keeps them employed. They are virtually always contrary to Gods moral requirement.

Hello and thank you for accepting my debate.
There are also quotes in the New Testament which are of sexist nature as well:
I'm an atheist and I'm not trying to convert you or anything, but if there truly happens to be a god, wouldn't he treat his humans equally instead of supposedly making one gender inferior to the other. The Bible obviously came from the hands of people (even though Christians tend to argue that it's the word of god), but truly if these people put their input at least physically themselves, they could've put their opinions about women that they had in that era.

"Because mankind, IS inherently evil."
How is mankind inherently evil? Define evil. What does a woman do so evil by menstruating which is natural etc.?

If the Bible truly claims to spread love and stuff like that, then why would the genders be required to be treated differently from one another?
Governments aren't contrary to god's moral requirement at all, in fact some countries actually support it and promote it.
I come from an extremely Catholic country (the one with the highest rate of Catholic's after the Vatican) and I can say for a fact that not all governments are truly contrary to god's supposed moral requirements. The truth though is that the government can't only cater for your beliefs only, especially since the west is becoming more multicultural overtime.

I deserve the same rights a man does. I'm a human, and being born with a different gender doesn't make me less eligible for basic human rights than a man.

There truly IS a God. But He is not prone to political correctness as government is want to do. Biblical prospective are extremely difficult for the non-believing, largely because they (nonbelievers), for lack of a better term ". are Humanistic? I think that"s the correct reference. You see, everyone HAS an opinion, almost all have to do with what is in the best interest of the self.
Believers, are taught to view matters from a completely different prospective. Bear in mind that the use of the term believers is used loosely because there is a far cry from a mature believer and one whose just starting out. For example, in order of precedence The hierarchy of priority is as follows. First: God, Second: wife or Husband next everybody else, lastly, themselves!

So you see ". The priority is just and good in Gods prospective. We as believers are taught BY God, that IF anyone who will be first, MUST be last, To be master requires us to be servant of all.
Now, that the unbelieving do not SHARE that concept, is not the fault of God. I will go even further ". That some or even MOST believers do NOT demonstrate these characteristics is ALSO not Gods fault. Suffice it to say that of the alleged 2 Billion Christians that census lauds, is clearly NOT accurate, which is WHY the Bible adamantly states that not EVERYONE who says Lord, Lord will in fact go to Heaven. The actual scripture says:
Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

True story to emphasize this point. During the Gulf War, I was in dhahran Saudi Arabia, just prior to the start of the ground offensive. I went to the Church tent each Sunday and there was standing room ONLY. And that is an understatement " I literally had to stand OUTSIDE of the church tent, I couldn"t even see the Chaplain, so I just listened from outside. After the ground war was over, everyone was back in Saudi Arabia and safe ".. When I went to the Church tent there were only 6 of us in the whole place!
Let me ask you ". IF 100% of those who had attended church BEFORE the ground offensive HAD actually DIED in combat ".. how many WOULD have actually GONE too Heaven? Correct- 6

I mention this because there are a pantload of unbelievers who base their lack of seeking God upon the actions of alleged believers. This is tragic, because if they can"t fool YOU? They"re NOT fooling God either ". BUT where does that leave them? Uh.huh, lose, lose. This is WHY God tells us NOT to lean unto our own understanding but to acknowledge Him in all things. It actually states:
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.
As a believer, I personally bear witness to the truth of that statement.

So you see, Gods view IS greater than mankind perceives, because according to God there IS a hierarchy. THIS IS the scripture itself:

Instructions for Believers Households
Ephesians 5: 21Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. 22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church"

Now if you read this and ponder the true meaning of what Christ is TELLING husbands. You will see that God requires Husbands to treat their wives as He (Christ treated the Church-giving His life for her, putting HER First over Himself). So although God IS first, the WIFE is second ONLY to God Himself. A husband who loves His wife treats her in THAT way.
That many, many husbands FAIL in this, is not the fault of God, AND, God IS holding us (husbands accountable.
Course we must now discuss WHY Gods people are NOT allowed to dictate too God what IS and IS NOT sin! That"s of course another story!

Basic Human Rights: God created all creatures. Need proof? Something nobody has probably mentioned before, BUT very interesting point. IF there WAS no God, how come Humans are the ONLY creatures in the Entirety of the whole of creation that has FREE WILL, Self Awareness, knows the difference between right and wrong, is able to build construct invent. People don"t seem to be aware of this. From a VERY REAL prospective, there just isn"t a reasonably, logical, evolutionary reason to explain that!

God does say that He HAS made Himself known IN His creation? The actual scripture says:
Romans 1: 20 For since the creation of the world God"s invisible qualities"his eternal power and divine nature"have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator"who is forever praised. Amen.

So according to Gods own words, mankind CAN SEE God in created life. Man must choose whom he will serve, His Fleshly desires or God. We do tell people about Hell, but I guess people believe if they don"t believe it? It"s going to somehow go away ".. truth is it isn"t. Am I trying to convert you? No that IS NOT up to me. I"m simply explaining what nonbelievers do not know about scriptures, life, death, Hell and the grave. The rest as they say is totally up to them?

So you see Pro .... Human rights are for those who choose to fulfill their fleshly desires, and they are not limited to what is right or wrong, because they're outcome is the same.

Believers? We are told in NO uncertain terms that we cannot do what we want, we were bought with a price and we are NOT our own! (yes here it comes) the actual scripture says:

Romans 6:19 I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness. 20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

Those who Live by the word of God treat everyone better than themselves as IS required of God. So you see your misinformed about just How Loved a woman IS too God. He hold this SAME love for Men, and women who Live in accordance with Gods word, TREAT their husbands above themselves naturally, then everybody else, THEN themselves, same as the husbands!

I come from a background of Catholicism and had been one until a few years ago. We have no proof whatsoever whether there is a god or not, but the truth is everyone should be treated equally. Yes, everyone has an opinion. When people seek the best interest of the self, most of the time they tend to be utilitarians or hedonists..which are generally not philosophies I personally can find myself agreeing with, but I can respect them.
I'm not saying that one should put himself on a pedestal, but everyone deserves equal rights.

You quoted this under your "Instructions for Believers' Households" segment:
"Ephesians 5: 21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. 22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything..."
No one should submit to anyone. A woman shouldn't submit herself to her husband just because she was born with female genitalia. If it was the other way round, discriminating men, it wouldn't be fair either.

A bunch of quotes from the Bible seem to be conflicting one another as it goes from stating that a woman should be stoned for infidelity etc. to loving her. If a god truly does exists, he wouldn't discriminate amongst the sexes, he would've created them as equal humans.

Humans biologically have a supposedly more rational brain. A more rational brain doesn't mean more rights. It's all thanks to our cognitive system that we're able to achieve all of this.

"So you see Pro .... Human rights are for those who choose to fulfill their fleshly desires, and they are not limited to what is right or wrong, because they're outcome is the same."
I'm not talking about lust here. I'm talking about the value women have and their rights. There is nothing fleshly about that.

I"m sorry our time together has come to an end. Although I know and understand what your saying, I cannot help but be aware that you"ve walked away from the ONLY place where such a thing actually exist. Equal rights I mean. Contrary to popular belief it IS NOT God that is your enemy ". It"s Human Nature.

You see, it is human nature that wants the right to express its opinion, about what IS Right and Wrong. It is human nature that expresses itself in the desire to do the following:
The fruit of the flesh is sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, stealing, laziness, lying, gossiping, slothfulness, killing of babies because you don't want them but still want the right to sleep around, looking out for number one.

Are these truly the RIGHTS your fighting so hard to keep? In That case, your doomed to failure, because in THAT world, Only the strong survive, EVERYONE that is weaker, becomes the prey. That Means whether you like it or not, Men who are physically stronger will always prey on the weaker of the sex. It IS The law of the jungle. Survival of the fittest. Like I said before, humans are given free will to choose. In the world you want, you will NEVER be free, because your freedom is solely dependent on your being the strongest, and I think we all know that while there are some women who can hold their own against a man ".. they are few and far in-between.

Of course I know you don't participate in all those things ..... but here's the thing, IF you participate in ANY of them, you are and have sinned, and without Christ to take that sin away, you are guilty as charged and the punishment IS the same for them all. Do you understand this? God does not view sin as Man does all sin is worthy of death, by His reckoning, do you understand this?

God says: Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Remember Louisiana, Hurricaine Katrina? There was NO equal rights demonstrated, the strong took what they wanted, from whomever they wanted, by force. The time IS coming and is almost here, when according to scripture, The restrainer IS going to be removed from the Earth. The restrainer IS the Holy Spirit which Holds the devil and His angels, demons at bay. After this is removed, the devil will be loosed upon human kind. Survival of the fittest WILL rule, and rights?

Well they are gonna be a thing of the past. And yes a Government WILL finally restore some semblance of order ".. But your talking months, and until that regaining of control takes place, How many countless millions will be savagely killed, made slaves to the strong? How long will bullets last, since stores are all ransacked, pillaged, and taken over by the strong.
Where do you fit in this world of destruction ". What will rights mean throughout this timeline?
I know ". You don"t believe that it will happen?

Just like you believe there IS no God. I'm sorry your still wrong on both counts. Please allow me to walk you briefly to what is about to take place: will you?

The actual scripture is here: 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Don"t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day WILL NOT COME UNTIL the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

In plain English, the antichrist will not be revealed until the Holy Spirit which resides IN THE ELECT, the Holy ones of God, are removed out of the way.

Lets continue "

2 Thessalonians 2:6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way.

"Who / What is the restrainer in 2 Thessalonians 2:6?" The Holy Spirit of God is the only Person with sufficient (supernatural) power to do this restraining. How does He do it? Through Christians, He works in society to hold back the swelling tide of lawless living. At some point, though, He will be removed from the earth, allowing sin to have dominion over mankind.

I"ll bet if you listen to the daily news " you can plainly see, the End of Christianity as it fast approaches?
Christ has taught us in scripture, unlike the unbelieving we are given sight with which to see, ears with which to hear and a discerning spirit.

Matthew 16:2 He replied, "When evening comes, you say, "It will be fair weather, for the sky is red," 3 and in the morning, "Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast." You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.
Luke 12:56 Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky. How is it that you don't know how to interpret this present time?

Because God has revealed the death of Christianity is it not also reasonable that the Holy Spirit and the people of God will have no more place as well?".. soon the Holy Spirit will be finished restraining and in a moment of time, will be removed from the Earth.
Then the antichrist will rise, to the horror of all humanity " here is a preview ". A trailer if you will?

Revelation 6 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

*The AntiChrist*

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

*Global Famine ". A days wages for a single meal ". Antichrist will control the food.*

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

7,412,004,583 billion people as of today .... 1/4th of that is 1.85 billion Dead

*Global death by war, famine, and by those who struggle for survival (remember:the survival of the fittest?) This of course occurs AFTER the riots that occurred immediately when the Holy Spirit WAS removed. it naturally stands to reason the population won't be 7.4 billion by the time this calamity occurs.

I"ll let YOU read the rest if you want to!

Let me just say that your really wrong about their not being a God? Go Here and listen and think about what IS presented:
The Theory of Everything by Trey Smth

proof God exists IS IN His creation remember?
DNA and the Atom.

"The information in DNA is stored as a code made up of four chemical bases: adenine (A), guanine (G), cytosine (C), and thymine (T). Human DNA consists of about 3 billion bases, and more than 99 percent of those bases are the same in all people. The order, or sequence, of these bases determines the information available for building and maintaining an organism, similar to the way in which letters of the alphabet appear in a certain order to form words and sentences."

I went to the geneticist to determine WHAT it is and not what their interpretation of where it came from. Since it is MY SOUL on the line, I would prefer to make my own conclusions, based on available data not tainted by speculation. So based on just WHAT DNA is I can see, quite clearly that it is:

1.4 Bit Code- since The greatest minds of our time can only create 2 bit code as of this writing I can only assume based on available data that- DNA"s existence is REAL, and very OBVIOUSLY intelligent in its design or structure. Unless of course your suggesting that scientist need to prove their intelligent too? I do not mean that as a poke, just a statement I believe is indeed factual". Yes?

2.Based just upon factual data presented above- It would appear MORE rational, and certainly wiser to lean toward Gods existence rather than against. In consideration of course that THIS intelligence set WITHIN its Coding the ABILITY of its created organisms to adjust and conform its structure and maintenance thereby increasing its chances of survival.- in case you missed its implication- God placed within the DNA strand the organisms ability to evolve to its surrounding. Did you get that? CAN"T HAVE evolving WITHOUT Gods code!
Atoms are the basic building blocks of ordinary matter. Atoms can join together to form molecules, which in turn form most of the objects around you.
AFTER you read what the atom IS and Does .... you may find God a WHOLE lot easier to BELIEVE in.

I'll be available in the comments section for awhile I also am all over the debate boards but ONLY on religion, so you CAN find me fairly easy. I'll make a note of your identifier so I know whose talking. God bless. No I'm not trying o scare you, I'm just telling you WHAT the bible SAYS IS COMING! but yeah, it would scare me too, if I wasn't with God!
Posted by aej009 1 day ago
Man, I would have loved to debate this one. So many scriptures taken so far out of context. It's very obvious that this guy did a quick google search and jotted down the first things that popped up.

Let's be educated shall we....

1. Servant has many definitions. God actually never condoned slavery, but there were volunteer slaves (bond servants) that served for up to 7 years. The Bible (God) actually commands execution for slavery against a person's will. Exodus 21:16

2. See previous answer. This was again a bond servant that was to work off a debt.

3. Rape is not acceptable, read the rest of that chapter. Rape in that verse is a poor translation. This is a case where the guy captured her heart and had intercourse with her. To God, to have sex with someone is to marry them.

4. Fornication was punishable by death. Jesus came and gave us the gift of grace to repent and be cleansed of our sins.

5. The problem with this view is that if the Scriptures are applied consistently, even touching a woman who is having her menstrual flow would be forbidden. Further, according to Leviticus 15:20-23, even touching something that the woman has also touched would be forbidden. Do these laws apply to us today? No, they do not. Why? It is important to remember the purpose of the Old Testament laws concerning blood. In the sacrificial system, blood was sacred (Leviticus 17:11). A woman"s "uncleanness" during her period was symbolic of the value placed on blood. As a result, contact with a woman who was having her period was forbidden.

6. Refer to previous answer.
Posted by LukeDaviesVapes 3 weeks ago
I think gay porn is against vaping
Posted by Penny_L 3 weeks ago
I would really like somebody to debate this when it comes to the when Quran....
Posted by sronicker 4 weeks ago
Having read just the first round, I must say this is the worst discussion I've ever read on this topic, for both sides!
Posted by notalwaysrightm8 1 month ago
Well all i will have to say is; I understand your point, but at the same time i don't think that its the entire bible. Remember, the evidence you give in this debate all comes from the old testimate. It also said in the old testimant that an eye for an eye and a leg for a leg, and that man will be struck down by lightning if he did not believe in god. The old testimate was before Christ and Jesus was born and the new testimate is when Jesus was crucified and sacrificed himself for our sins. Not saying that the old testimate doesn't have value, but as a christian you do not have to follow. The old testimate is actually a lot like the modern Quran.
Posted by Firesofthenether 1 month ago
There's actually a very interesting misconception about the Bible. When we talk about Christ's death for our sins, we actually miss half of what Christ died for, Christ died to free us from the rules of the Old Testament, the only examples of these sexist passages are from the Old Testament. So while you could very accurately say that the Old Testament is against women's rights, the New Testament actually has nothing to say on the topic.
Posted by Blazzered 1 month ago
Well done to Pro.
Posted by foxxhajti 1 month ago
@Chris330 I don't debate anymore, and I don't come on this website that much anymore, so no.
Posted by Chris330 1 month ago

Would you like to debate this
Vote Placed by Saska 6 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Spelling and grammar go to pro. I saw no obvious errors in pro's spelling and grammar, while con had numerous errors. Examples of such errors are "To submit is too- accept or yield..." This is incorrect usage of the word too and improper punctuation. Other such examples are prevalent in Con's argument. Con also randomly capitalizes words and letters, sometimes for emphasis, but that is not proper grammar. Arguments go to pro because pro addressed the resolution at hand. Pro provided biblical quotes regarding women's rights in the bible. Con then needed to show that the bible is not against women's rights, but instead con concedes this point by blatantly admitting that it is against women's rights. This debate is not about men's vs women's rights, and con failed to put forth any valid argument to show that the bible is not against women's rights. I honestly feel that con should lose points for conduct and sources as well, but I will leave them tied since I got in trouble last time.
Vote Placed by Leugen9001 7 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments goes to Pro. In round 1, Pro cited Bible verses and explained why they are against or unfair to women. If Con doesn't raise doubts about Pro's arguments, Pro would win since he would fulfill the BOP. And Con didn't end up addressing Pro's points; in his round 1, Con argued that since salvation was from submitting to God, which entails giving up rights; Con said that the Bible therefore against the rights of both genders. Yet Pro's points clearly demonstrate that men are treated better than women, and the fact that they achieve salvation in the same way does not negate that. The fatal blow to Con's case came when Pro showed that a verse Con cited showed that the Bible was against women in R3. Sources is tied, since the only source ACTUALLY used to make an argument is the Bible; Con did have external sources, but they were about the existence of God, which isn't relevant to the resolution. Conduct was tied; yes, Con got a bit preachy, but it was respectful and not extreme.
Vote Placed by Hoppi 7 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Such an interesting debate. Arguments to Pro because she demonstrated that the Bible has passages that are sexist against women. Con did not contest this point, but rather attempted to undermine the framework of the question by suggesting that (and I'm grossly oversimplifying) emphasis on rights is against the will of god anyway. However, that means that Con is arguing for the Pro side, albeit from a different angle. As he said in round 1, "Women"s rights. Does it trample on them ".. in a word, absolutely! ".