AllenFierte
Jerry947

Is the Bible an acceptable source to quote, as justification for something?

Jerry947

AllenFierte

Con

First round is acceptance only. By Bible I mean the King James Bible, as it is the most widely used. This is my first debate on this site, so I would like to have an intelligent debate. (vi_spex, looking at you.)
Failure to comply with any of the aforementioned guidelines should be considered forfeiting, and the other person is automatically the victor.
Jerry947

Pro

I accept this debate. The Bible is acceptable to justify something (pretty vague word).
AllenFierte

Con

AllenFierte forfeited this round.
Jerry947

Pro

The Bible justifies that God is a God of love.

1 John 4:16

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

1 John 4:8

Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
AllenFierte

Con

AllenFierte forfeited this round.
Jerry947

Pro

Nothing more to say.
AllenFierte

Con

AllenFierte forfeited this round.
Jerry947

Pro

Nothing more to say.
Posted by Jerry947 1 year ago
Jerry947
No problem. Hope things go well for you.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Posted by AllenFierte 1 year ago
AllenFierte
My apologies, but unfortunately I had to deal with some real life issues, and as such could not formulate an argument, or even be online for that matter. (Technically I could have, but I was too stressed out to bother. In the end, life comes before the internet.)
Once again, I am sorry for this, as well as the poor wording of the debate in the first place.
Posted by Peepette 1 year ago
Peepette
The term "something" is very ambiguous. If you are quoting the bible to justify an action or train of thought with individuals of the same faith, it is justifiable. To do the same with a person of a different faith or of no religious faith, it is not justifiable because it would have no connective meaning.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
AllenFierteJerry947Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff many times, so conduct to Pro. Con was the only one who made an argument, so arguments to Con by default.