Is the Bible corrupted?

First round is acceptance. Thank You

Alright, I'm just going to say that I am a devout Christian. I attend World Revival Church of Kansas City and study my Bible intensely. It is impossible to debate a topic about the Bible if one does not know the Bible. The basics of the Bible are these: God reveals himself to man in three ways, general revelation (the revealing of God through nature), special revelation (the revealing of God through the Bible), and personal revelation (the revealing of God through His Presence). If a perfect God made the Bible, then how can it not be perfect? This will be an interesting debate!

Bismillah hirrahman nirraheem.

Thank You for accepting my debate.

I will post my reply on the basis of its' corruption. I do not believe it is suitable for God to be born in the womb of a woman, neither is it suitable for God to die whether it be in human form or not.

Now I will list some contradictions from the Bible.

1. 'Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.' Peter 5:8

'And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,' Ephesians 5:18

“Drink your wine with a merry heart.” Ecclesiastes 9:7

Now you may say that drinking is allowed but getting drunk isn't correct? But why in the first place would God allow his servants to drink knowing that it may cause addiction and health problems which might lead to drunkness thus sinning? Also, why would a true servant go near alcohol fearing God, and fear drunkness. Same goes for pig, Leviticus 7:11.

2. 'Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.' Kings 4:26

'Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.'

These two are talking about the same battle.

3. 'Beside the chief of Solomon's officers which were over the work, three thousand and three hundred, which ruled over the people that wrought in the work.' I Kings 5:16

'He conscripted seventy thousand men as carriers and eighty thousand as stonecutters in the hills and thirty-six hundred as foremen over them.' 2 Chronicles 2:2.

This is talking about how many overseers Solomon appointed to build the temple. The number of workers are different in both cases, even for a small amount, thus concluding this as a contradiction.

I disbelieve in the Trinity. There are no scriptures which mention the Trinity. There are no scriptures which say that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are from one being. Also no scripture tells us that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all equal. The trinity was acquired from the Churches whilst no mention of it is made in the Bible.

The final point I will make is the language, the explicit language made in the Bible. For example, Ezekiel 23. Would you read this to the masses of the church during congregation. I hope not.

Despite what people may have said, God was not born in the womb of a woman. God was never actually physically created. He has always existed. He never died, either. If you do not have a full understanding of the Trinity, then these concepts are impossible to grasp.

To refute your first point, these verses have been taken out of context. In the New Testament, drinking needed to be limited in the church because they could not limit themselves. It is not a sin to have a drink every now and then, but getting stupid drunk does not please God.

Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun. Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do. Always be clothed in white, and always anoint your head with oil. (R37;EcclesiastesR36; R37;9R36;:R37;6-8R36; NIV)

I cannot provide evidence against your second point of reference because the references are not listed correctly. These verses were not written down in the times of Solomon. They were spoken orally to each generation and passed down. This would be the only reason I can think of that would make these two verses contradict each other.

I am going to have to say the same thing about point number three. Probably at some point before it was written down, a person misheard or forgot the information, thus the contradiction. It's like playing the game telephone, where people whisper certain phrases down a long line of people, and the last person says the phrase aloud. Usually the beginning phrase is different than the ending phrase.

The Trinity does exist. You obviously have never studied Genesis closely enough to notice this:

Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. (R37;GenesisR36; R37;1R36;:R37;26-27R36; NIV)

Notice in the first part of the verse God mentions us. Why else would he say this if not to hint at the fact that he is the Three in One.

The Bible was not written for preachers to use as sermons on Sunday. Most of it is made of guidelines and rules, but some of it is poems and stories, as well as laments and historical facts. No, I would not recommend this to a three-year-old, but a person who is strong in the Lord would be able to read it, considering there is a lesson in the verse. This point is irrelevant because it does not point to the Bible contradicting itself.

'God was never actually physically created', then what do you suppose was his 'human form'. God was born to Mary according to you right?

I addressed your point on drunkness in my previous post, I will say it again. God wouldn't allow drinking because he knows that drinking can cause drunkness and addiction thus making the person who was drinking a sinner. A true servant of God would not go near alcohol if he was to be afraid of addiction.

The reference are listed correctly, you can check in your own bible, depends on which one you have because there are more than 24,000 (different) copies of it roaming on this earth, which thus concludes another point as to why the Bible is corrupted. It is not one book, but is many different books, meaning there are many other scriptures relating to the word of God which makes in corrupt.

'They were spoken orally to each generation and passed down.' Going towards your third refuting point you said, 'It's like playing the game telephone, where people whisper certain phrases down a long line of people, and the last person says the phrase aloud. Usually the beginning phrase is different than the ending phrase.' Thus proving my point that the Bible is contradictory and corrupt as it does not have the original and perfect words of God. This also concludes my third point.

As you may know many verses from the Bible have been removed over time and some relating to the trinity. Do you believe the doctrine of God is complete without those verses? I'm meaning to say, that by removing such and such verses does the Bible not become corrupted as it has the INcomplete verses of God? There is a difference among the Christians as to the Trinity. Some believe it to be true and some do not.

Mark 13:32
" But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."
Does this verse not dissaprove the Trinity? And this is from the KJV.

Although you say the Bible was not written for preachers to use on Sunday sermons and is used to teach about rules and guidelines. The masses which come on Sunday come to study and learn from the Bible, yes? I do not mind the poems or stories, but I do mind the foul language which in your case 'God' used. This foul language does not justify whether a kid reads the Bible or an adult. If there is a moral behind Ezekiel 23 what can it be? Overall nothing can justify foul language in any HOLY book.

An understanding of the Trinity makes this easy to get. Unfortunately, not believing in the Trinity makes this slightly confusing. God is the Three in One, so He is three different beings, but also One being at the same time. So when Jesus was born, that was not God, that was God's Son. No, God was not born to Mary, Jesus the Son of God was born to Mary.

This is where God has given man free will. A man may choose to drink if he knows he will not get addicted. But if a man knows that he will probably get addicted and sin, he will want to stay away from alcohol so he will not sin. The alcohol in itself is not sin, it's what people do when they're drunk that is the sin. How do you know what a true servant of God is supposed to do and not do?

I would have checked in my Bible, if the references were there. In your first reference, all it says is "Kings 4:26." How am I supposed to find that if there are two books of Kings? The second verse has no reference. The Bible is not corrupt because there are over 24,000 versions. That is just what man has done to it. God's Word exists even underneath mistranslations. These don't mean the Bible is corrupt, they just mean that man is corrupt.

Your third point is irrelevant. This is again where man has shown their corruption, and not the Bible's.

The Bible is the PURE Word of God. No matter what happens to it, it will always speak truth. Most people who think the Bible is corrupt are saying that so that they are not held accountable to it. This is just hiding from the truth and it will catch up to you. You are not a Christian if you don't believe in the Trinity.

The NLT says:

"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. (Mark 13:32)

So, therefore, this shows how the Trinity works as Three different beings and One being at the same time. This verse is referring to the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD. The events in this verse have already happened.

You have taken my quote out of context, just like you take the Bible out of context. The Bible wasn't made for preachers to use on Sunday, but it can be. Most verses are applicable to the masses. There are certain verses like Ezekiel 23 that contain content like that for a more mature reader. Back when Ezekiel was written, these kinds of issues were so common they were a part of daily life. Therefore, Ezekiel used them as lessons. Again, I say that this point is irrelevant because it does not show how the Bible is corrupt. This is not fowl language.

It would be nice if I could persuade you, but your worldview is founded on the wrong principles. Therefore, it is impossible for me to persuade you because you just simply don't want to believe that the Bible isn't corrupt. So I am doing this debate for the people. John 1:1 says the Word was God. If God is perfect, then how is the Bible corrupt?

Uccheema forfeited this round.

Ugene forfeited this round.

Uccheema forfeited this round.

Ugene forfeited this round.
Posted by Ugene 1 year ago
Yes, sorry, same. Hopefully we can vote on what's already been posted.
Posted by Uccheema 1 year ago
Ugh, sorry have so much work to do couldn't reply. Move onto the next round. I will reply as fast as I can.
Posted by Uccheema 1 year ago
Sorry about my reference about pig meat, Leviticus 11:7-8
Posted by Ugene 1 year ago
I'm sorry, my scripture references in order are:

Ecclesiastes 9:6-8 NIV

Genesis 1:26-27 NIV
Posted by MegaAfroMan 1 year ago
Can you please give a clear description of what the for and against will be representing here?

Corruption could refer to an endless number of things in regards to the bible.
It could refer to botched translations, that have since been carried forward.
It could refer to the decisions of the councils that threw together the majority of the New Testament under Catholicism.
It could refer to some deep seated idea that the entire purpose/intent of establishing the religion and maintaining it is corrupt.

I'd accept if I had an idea of what I'm actually accepting.
I don't really want to walk blindly into this potential shoot out.
Posted by isable 1 year ago
i would like to accept this but why would you believe the bible is corrupted?
Posted by Lee001 1 year ago
I would accept, but it dosen't make sense..
Posted by Uccheema 1 year ago
Corrupted in a way of deduction and information, meaning, and wording.
Posted by Viridiel 1 year ago
Corrupted in what way?
Vote Placed by 4God 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: @Uccheema has no apparent understanding of the Bible. You can't just randomly choose verses and use them to create your argument without understanding the Bible first.