Shadowfire
20CoWhite

Is the British Royal Family irrelevant?

Shadowfire

Pro

The British Royal Family is a reminder of the bloodiest days in human history where blood was spilled to satisfy the Monarchy's lust for power and land. Although the Royals may have served a purpose during the peak of their reign, the morals and values of modern society render the Royal Family irrelevant. The Royal Family continue to enjoy their extravagant lifestyle, even though their access to their immense wealth is entirely due to the ancestry of the current Monarch.

Knowing that the Nations of the Commonwealth (including my home country, Australia) maintain the ruling Monarch is slightly disturbing considering the history of the Royal Family. The Monarchy's former purpose is now obsolete and thus deserves to be treated as any other piece of our history. Therefore, I support the abolition of the Royal Family and the elimination of the system of government that has caused so much pain and suffering in our species history.
Shadowfire

Pro

Shadowfire forfeited this round.
Shadowfire

Pro

Shadowfire forfeited this round.
20CoWhite

Con

i think i win
Posted by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
The royal family is considered a great factor for patriotism and nationalism in the Uk. If I am honest, I only like the royal family for the coins and seldom art.

Prince philip and others are racist. There is multitude of example of what prince Phillip and princess Anne have said. OUTRAGEOUS! Then again, Prince Phillip is getting old.

I think that queen Elizabeth looks rather friendly imo.
Posted by A341 3 years ago
A341
Are you arguing that the royal family is irrelevant or obsolete?
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Change the world irrelevant please.
Posted by Kc1999 3 years ago
Kc1999
By Royal Family, do you mean like any Royal Family in general or the British Royal Family? I would accept, if only it weren't for the 2k word limit.
Posted by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
Interesting topic. I was watching a video and it had said that the taxes that the people of britain pay for, go towards funding the royal family.