yoshidino
Johnathan127

Is the Christian Jesus Really the Messiah?

yoshidino

yoshidino

Con

I believe that the Christian Jesus preached in churches is not the Messiah as prophesied to come by Moses and all the other prophets. Open challenge to any Christian. We will be putting the plum line of Torah and all the Prophets on this Jesus guy.
Johnathan127

Pro

Yes he is really the Messiah!
yoshidino

Con

First of all I would like to ask where the concept of a messiah came from? The "Old Testament" right?
Well the Old testament writes a messiah that will uphold and teach the LAW properly in the last days when he comes to rule as king. But according to your "new testament," the LAW has been "done away with. In the Torah and the Prophets, scripture says that Messiah will be a teacher of the LAW, not do away with it.

Isaiah 2:2-3; "And it shall come to pass in the end of days, that the mountain of YHVH's house shall be established as the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many peoples shall go and say: "Come ye, and ley us go up to the mountain of YHVH, to the house of the Elohim of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths. For out of Zion shall go forth the LAW, and the word of YHVH from Jerusalem."

Deuteronomy 13:1-4; "All this word which I command you, that shall ye observe to do; thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it. If there arise in the midst of the a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams and he give thee a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke unto thee saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or unto that dreamer of dreams; for YHVH your Elohim putteth you to the proof, to know whether ye do love YHVH you Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul."

Malachi 3:22-24; "Remember ye the LAW of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, even statutes and ordinances. Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of YHVH. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers; lest I come and smite the land with utter destruction."

Nowhere does it say that Messiah will come and "do away with" the LAW. Rather the opposite. And it says that anybody that teaches against the observance of the Law of Moses is a false prophet.

If your Jesus "did away with" the LAW, than he is a false prophet, and not the Messiah.
Johnathan127

Pro

Johnathan127 forfeited this round.
yoshidino

Con

Do you have no argument to support this Jesus you claim? I only gave three Scriptures. It is so clear that Messiah will teach that people should keep the LAW while he reigns as King.
Isaiah 66:22; "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before Me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain."
23; "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, saith the LORD."
Zechariah 14:12-13; "And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. And it shall be, that whoso of the families of the earth goeth not up unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, upon them there shall be no rain."
This is clearly talking about the reign of Messiah. Even then, we will be keeping both the Sabbath and the Feasts all from the LAW. If your Jesus "did away" with these, than he is clearly NOT the Messiah prophesied and you believe a doctrine of lies.
Johnathan127

Pro

Johnathan127 forfeited this round.
yoshidino

Con

Really? What Do you have to say for your Jesus?
Johnathan127

Pro

Johnathan127 forfeited this round.
yoshidino

Con

This guy hasn't even been online in about a week! Why the flip did he accept my challenge!?
Johnathan127

Pro

Johnathan127 forfeited this round.
Posted by yoshidino 2 years ago
yoshidino
It'd be really kool if someone just gave me a vote for more convincing argument, cause his seemed just a little week. And I used a very reliable source... Not to mention he forfeited.
I just thought maybe it wasn't quite clear to y'all who won so i thought I'd clear that up... LOL
Posted by amigodana 2 years ago
amigodana
Ok ??????
Posted by yoshidino 2 years ago
yoshidino
Just to let you know, I believe in a Messiah Yeshua who both upholds the law, and is strong and Powerful enough to enable us to keep the law as well. It sounds like my Yeshua is a bit stronger than your Jesus.
Posted by Emilrose 2 years ago
Emilrose
@amigo

You do realise that G-d specifically gave these laws to Moses? They are not the word of "man" but the word of Him. It was He who commanded them to the hebrews and Moses on Mount Sinai.
Posted by yoshidino 2 years ago
yoshidino
Those are some beautiful scriptures :)
Posted by amigodana 2 years ago
amigodana
Psalms 75:5 "Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck."

Psalms 75:6 "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south."

Psalms 75:7 "But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another."
Posted by amigodana 2 years ago
amigodana
1 Samuel 16:7 "But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart."
Posted by yoshidino 2 years ago
yoshidino
You just now claimed that you Jesus IS the word. You do not keep the word, neither the do you follow Jesus. Your own bible says, "if you love me, keep my commandments." You refuse to keep his commandments, therefore you do not love him.
Posted by amigodana 2 years ago
amigodana
Then that is your choice!

I choose to follow Jesus, the Word of God!

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

You seem a little to uptight for me.

The Bible say's that the Jews will wake up though! Amen!
Posted by yoshidino 2 years ago
yoshidino
If your Jesus can't give you power to keep God's word, than your Jesus week, and definitely not my king David Messiah.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
yoshidinoJohnathan127Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture