slave123
blakem

Is the Earth flat????

slave123

slave123

Pro

The Earth is flat,

Ibn Abass said so,

He was a companion of the Prophet saw,

he must be right,

science is a hoax,

they have no proof the earth is round,

if I put a ball on the ground it will stay steady,

if the earth is round the people on the bottom would fall off,

the earth must be flat ameen

http://altafsir.com...
slave123

Pro

so what proof have you the earth is round?

I proved it was flat, since you put a ball on the ground it won't fall off, and drift into space,

if the earth was round people on the bottom would fall down ameen,

and Ibn Abass proved the earth is flat,

so it must be,

you must believe in Islam,

and since a top scholar of Islam said the earth is flat,

then it must be,

so I have proven the earth is flat,

and you haven't proven anything Alhumdulillah ameen
blakem

Con

it is round
slave123

Pro

What proof have you it is round?

I proved from Quran, hadith and logic it is flat give me your proof if you are truthful Ameen

If I put a ball down it will stay put

If the earth was round we would hurdle into space akeen

The earth is flat Ameen
blakem

Con

blakem forfeited this round.
Posted by slave123 1 year ago
slave123
I am not sure any more Allah hu Alim

Only Allah knows ameen
Posted by cannotseethehaters 1 year ago
cannotseethehaters
Well technically speaking, the earth is more of a pear shaped. However it is still extremely round.

Now to be fair, if you put a ball on the ground, it technically does move. How?
Well, one way is on the quantum scale, and that is brownian motion. Brownian motion will exist unless something reaches abolute zero. It is simply the molecules that make up the ball moving.

Another way the ball is moving is that the earth spins. Now I can prove this with one simple statement-There is day and night. The earth spins, it also orbits around the sun at speeds up to 20 miles per secound, and our solar system orbits around a supermassive blackhole at the center of the milky way galaxy. And our milky way galaxy is moving towards other galaxies inside this extremely large universe.

And well, yes. If you just look at the ball, although it technically is moving, it does not appear so.
The reason a flat earth can not exist is because gravity exists. It is a property of matter. It may also exist due to the fifth dimension, however if I get into that it will probably be quite a long comment. See, if a flat object that massive were to have formed, then it would simply collapse back into itsself and... form a sphere. Basically, gravity is the reason why everything is attracted to the ground. Larger bodies of mass attract to other larger bodies of mass. These massive bodies also create a dent in space-time, which creates gravitational lensing. It is the reason you can see a star that is behind a massive object like a planet the size of jupiter. Light tries to travel in a straight line but can't because spacetime is CURVED. According to the cosmological principle, we can be the center of the expansion of the universe. But so can alpha centauri, or jupiter, or the andromeda galaxy. Its like if you picked a point on an expanding balloon. No exact point is the center of the expansion on the surface of the balloon, but if you look closely, they all appear to be the center of the exp
Posted by slave123 1 year ago
slave123
Masha Allah you had a good debate Masha Allah,

sorry I am not that smart (an embarrassment to me)

so I don't understand some things,

but remember me in your Duas,

that Allah give me more knowledge inshallah,

and inshallah we be good Muslims always inshallah ameen
Posted by YassineB 1 year ago
YassineB
@slave123

- Read this (I am Con):

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by slave123 1 year ago
slave123
Ok I did not know about that, but what about when the Quran says the Sun sets in a muddy lake,

doesn't this prove that the earth is the center of the universe then???

If it does I have no problem with it,

I believe whatever Quran and Hadith say,

I don't care if they say the earth is flat, or center of the universe, or whatever,

I believe whatever they say ameen
Posted by YassineB 1 year ago
YassineB
@slave123

- If you knew any better you'd know that 'Tanw"r al-Miqb"s min Tafs"r Ibn "Abb"s' was not written by Ibn 'Abbas himself, it was authored by al-Fayruz Abadi (d. 1414) 800 years after Ibn Abbas. Moreover, this book is rejected by the Scholars of Hadith for it was falsely attributed to Ibn Abbas. But NO, you know nothing, you're the most ignorant muslim there ever was, recognise your ignorance & stop putting yourself in dangerous situations! If you're a real muslim you should know that lying about the Prophet leads directly to Hell.
- On the other hand, there are other authentic narrations reported by real Scholars of Hadith, such as Ahmad & Ibn Hazm, that say Ibn 'Abbas said the Earth is round. So, how can he say at one time it's round & contradict himself by saying it's flat, while again contradicting the Qur'an itself.
Posted by slave123 1 year ago
slave123
http://altafsir.com...

"(Allah it is Who hath created seven heavens) one above the other like a dome, (and of the earth the like thereof) seven earths but they are flat."
Posted by slave123 1 year ago
slave123
The Bible also says the earth is flat, it says the earth is a circle, not s sphere,

and The Quran never commands us to read the Bible,

the Bible is haram to read unless you are trying to debunk it ameen,

and the earth is flat,

Rational thinker doesn't know what he is talking about,

the shadow of the eclipses is an illusion ameen,

and also Ibn Abbas, one of the first scholars of Islam

who actually met the Prophet saw, said the earth is flat,

so it must be so ameen
Posted by TBR 1 year ago
TBR
Network 11 has it right. "Who is gonna lose? The guy with no argument or the guy with no good argument?"

Waiting for round three with great anticipation.
Posted by YassineB 1 year ago
YassineB
@slave123

- I can't bring myself to believe what you're saying, but just for the sake of argument, Ibn 'Abbas said the Earth is round, not the opposite, as did the Sahaba & the Tabi'in & the Consensus (Ijma') of muslim Scholars. If you really believe the Earth is flat & not just trolling then you must be the most ignorant muslim i've even seen.

- Besides, the Qur'an explicitly says the Earth is round:
* "yukawwiru allayla "ala annahari wa yukawwiru annahara "ala allayli" (39:5)

> Yukawwiru, from the root verb Kawwaru, which literally means: make into a globe or a circle.
=> Commentary: the night is wrapped over the day encircling it, & the day is wrapped over the night encircling it.
=> Thus, the Earth MUST be a Glob for such a scenario to take place.

- Ibn Hazm (d. 1064) "None of the great Scholars, who deserve the degree of Imamah (authority in Scholarship), may allah bless them, contested the round shape of the Earth." [^al-Fasl fil Milal #2/78]
- Abu al-Husein Ibn al-Munadi (d. 947) "There is no difference of opinion between the Scholars that the Sky is round shaped, and they all agreed that the Earth, land and sea, is in the shape of a globe" [^Majmu" al-Fatawa #25/195]
- Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 1328) "The planets are round shaped according to the Scholars of Islam [. . .], many have stated the consensus on this subject, such as Ibn Hazm and Ibn al-Jawzi, and they reported narrations to that affect from the Companions & their Successors with known chains of transmissions, and their brought proofs from the Qur"an and the Sunnah on top of mathematical proofs and astronomical proofs. And I am not aware of any known Scholar who has contested this position, with the exception of few who did not succeed in providing proof for the contrary" [^al-Fatawa #6/586]
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
slave123blakemTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
slave123blakemTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument went uncontested (bare assertions are not counter-arguments), so arguments go to Pro. Conduct to Pro for Con's round forfeit.