rdococ
blazikin55

Is the God of the Bible, Yahweh, truly omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent?

rdococ

Con

The burden of proof is on the contender's side, so I feel obliged to wait for a convincing argument that the truth is that God really is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent.
blazikin55

Pro

Although I do believe in God
There is no way in this world as we know it to really determine if God is omnipotent,omniscient,and omnibenevolent
In you starting this argument you state that you believe in god, so that leads me to the question: If you believe in God why don't you believe his book?
rdococ

Con

Let's clear something up here. I don't believe in God but I am interested in his moral behaviours should he have to be logically coherent.

Well it looks like I might start instead.

If a deity is omnipotent, eternal, and unchanging, is it possible for the deity to stop itself from being omnipotent?

Yes) The deity is not unchanging.
No) The deity was never omnipotent.
blazikin55

Pro

blazikin55 forfeited this round.
blazikin55

Pro

blazikin55 forfeited this round.
rdococ

Con

rdococ forfeited this round.
blazikin55

Pro

blazikin55 forfeited this round.
Posted by NoCleverNamesLeft 3 years ago
NoCleverNamesLeft
I would love to have a healthy debate on this subject. So I was wondering what are the ground rules for this debate? Will we be using only the Bible(Old Testament) as the foundation for this debate?