yashmishra12
dsjpk5

Is the Indian Government ready to face Tsunami?

yashmishra12 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

yashmishra12

Con

A decade after the Indian Ocean tsunami hit several countries in the Asia-Pacific region killing over 200,000 people, India has not only developed an effective early warning system but is also capable of providing advisories to 25 countries on the Indian Ocean rim.

Learning its lesson from the disaster, India has set up a centre capable of detecting the tsunamigeneic earthquakes and issuing tsunami warnings based on the seismic information in less than 10 minutes after the occurrence of earthquake in the Indian Ocean.

Established in 2007 at the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), the Indian Tsunami Early Warning Centre (ITEWC) monitors tsunamis and provides timely advisories leaving a response time of about 10-20 minutes even for a near source region in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and a few hours for the mainland.
dsjpk5

Pro

I'd like to thank my opponent for creating this debate.

PLAGIARISM

My opponent has plagiarized his entire first round argument from the following website:

https://www.thenewsminute.com...

I ask the voters to consider this when voting on conduct.
Posted by Nd2400 2 weeks ago
Nd2400
Doesn't matter. The Tsunami you talked about was once in a lifetime event. Most likely we will never see that again in our life span. Just like a huge war, like ww2. It once in a generation type event. I would say we have a better chance of seeing another global war than the huge Tsunami....