Is the Islamic State Morally Just?

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

Hello, my pseudonym is Codename_X, and I would like to debate wether or not the Islamic State
is as a group morally justified, in not only the eyes of extremists, but also other people who do not share the Islamic State's beliefs. The con (myself) will argue why the Islamic State is not in any way justified to take the extreme actions they have been taking. The pro, however, will argue that the Islamic State is justified to take some of the actions it has. Hopefully Lexus will accept this debate. Feel free to use the first round to start your debate.

Maximum of 5,000 characters, 72 hours to argue, open voting, 7 point system.

Go to this website to look at any words you do not understand. It is highly improbable for me to know which words you may or may not know.

-No trolling
-No profanity
-Please refrain from using religious beliefs as proof. (If you are unable to follow this rule, it shows me that you are unable to think of how the actions of the Islamic State could possibly be justifiable for people that do no belong to, or agree with their extreme, and not really muslim, versin of Islam.)

Lexus, please tell me if you do not feal comfortable, or can not explain as to why it should be justifiable in the eyes of non-extremist Muslims.

It appears that because my opponent is arguing against the resolution and not just against me, the burden of proof is shared.

Thank you, fellow son of the one true God, who in the End of Days will finally see His true stature, for opening this debate to me so I can persuade the bloodied West that they have nothing to hide from - for they are simply hiding from something entirely good.

I would like to thank pro for accepting my debate. I intend to explain to you why the Islamic State is fighting for an unjust cause.

A. Against Human Rights
The goal of the Islamic State is to create a strictly Islamic Nation (1). They plan to create this state through means of capturing territory by fighting the local forces attempting to keep their land. It usually goes something like this: ISIS attacks a territory, captures it due to lack of defending military power, and plenty of attacking power, then kills and/or enslaves the citizens. The citizens' crimes? Being of a different religion.
According to article two in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the United Nations, "Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty" (2). Then, on article 3, 4, and 5 it goes on to say that "Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person", "No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms", and "No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment" respectively. The Islamic State has broken article 2, denying people these rights because of religion, article 3, denying people the right to life (3), article 4, holding people in slavery (4), and finally article 5, torturing people (5). So, the Islamic State breaks numerous human rights, that all humans are born with.

B. Against Own Religion
The Islamic State is a group that practices the religion of Islam to the extreme. But, does it really follow Islam? Islam comes from an Arabic word meaning 'peace', however, it is quite obvious because of their frequent violent attacks, that the Islamic State is by no means peaceful. The Holy Qur'an is a piece of literature the foundations of Islam are largely based on. But, the Islamic State does not follow the Holy Qur'an.“There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned.” (Holy Qur'an, 2:256). This quote shows that Muslims are against forcing people to practice their religion, however, the Islamic State often kills those of different religions who are unwilling to convert. The Holy Qur'an goes on to support this further, saying,“You cannot guide those you would like to but God guides those He wills. He has best knowledge of the guided.” (Holy Qur'an, 28:56). As you can see, true Muslims are fine with others practicing other religions."The taking of one innocent life is like taking all of Mankind... and the saving of one life is like saving all of Mankind" (Holy Qur'an, 5:33). This shows that civilian life is infact very important to Muslims. This quote is in deep contrast to the Islamic State, who often murder innocent civilians. Even the Islamic State does not practice Islam!

As you can see, the Islamic State goes against human rights, and their own religion. So, quite obviously, the Islamic State is in no way justified to do these acts of murder, (including what has recently happened in Paris).

Pro is free to post rebuttals to my argument if pro wishes.

Lexus forfeited this round.

Lexus forfeited this round.
Posted by Codename_X 10 months ago
This glitch. I cri. I cri everytim
Posted by Codename_X 11 months ago
That is fine, do as you wish.
Posted by Lexus 11 months ago
I will just accept in the first round if that's fine.
Posted by Codename_X 11 months ago
Feel free to start your argument in the first round.
Vote Placed by piefav 10 months ago
Vote Placed by persianimmortal 10 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: I vote con. ISIS is a disease that is causing international hatred towards a religion that does not even support their actions.