godrulz
joseph_locke

Is the Lord Jesus Christ God Almighty in the flesh or a mere creature?

godrulz

godrulz

Pro

One of the most important questions (apart from the existence of God =Genesis 1:1) is Jesus in Mark 8:29 "Who do you say I am?". The biblical, historical, orthodox view is the Deity of Christ. This is denied by false religions (Islam) and pseudo-Christian cults (JW, Unitarian, Mormon, etc.). This is an essential, salvific issue since a false god, counterfeit Christ, false gospel cannot save like the real/genuine can (Gal. 1:6-9; 2 Cor. 11:4; Jude 3). The Deity of Christ will have trinitarian implications denied by Oneness/modalism/Sabellianism, polytheism/tritheism, and Arianism (heresies). The Deity, incarnation, death, resurrection of Christ is what makes biblical Christianity unique and the only way to the Father/eternal life (Jn. 1:1; Jn. 3:16; I Jn. 5:11-13; Rom. 10:9-10; I Cor. 15:1-4, etc.). The primary source documents are the inspired Gospels/Word of God, subject to translation and interpretation.

Who do you say Jesus is?
Where did you get those ideas?
Have you considered the claims of Christ, what He and others said about Himself/Him?

I am evangelical, Protestant, Pentecostal Christian.
joseph_locke

Con

It is my personal belief that Christ is the spirit of God clothed in flesh and blood. I believe that Jesus is the savior of humanity and only fools reject him. My ideas come from my church and my own interpretation of the Bible. I have considered the claims of Christ and I believe every word of it.
godrulz

Pro

What do you mean by Christ being the spirit of God clothed in flesh? If you agree that Jesus is God in the flesh, you should not take the con side and should not be debating against my view that is probably the same as your Baptist view. Unless you disagree that Jesus is God, I should probably start this debate over with someone who is against what I am saying.
joseph_locke

Con

OK then I do agree with what your saying but if you seek someone with opposing views then start it over and find someone new
joseph_locke

Con

Praise God in all of his glory and power
godrulz

Pro

Yes, He is worthy. Post one more time to close this debate. Thx.
joseph_locke

Con

God has sent us a savior soon men women and children will all rejoice for the lord is coming.
Posted by joseph_locke 10 months ago
joseph_locke
OK I am sorry for intruding please find someone else
Posted by godrulz 10 months ago
godrulz
joseph_locke....just post a comment in the debate so we can end it and I can start over with someone who disagrees with me. Thx.
Posted by godrulz 10 months ago
godrulz
Is truth absolute or relative? Is is possible to distinguish evidence based truth from error that lacks evidence?
Posted by FuzzyCatPotato 10 months ago
FuzzyCatPotato
When Aff calls other faiths "false religions" and "pseudo-Christian cults", you know they're gonna have an open mind.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 10 months ago
dsjpk5
godrulzjoseph_lockeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.