ProConIK
bensmith396

Is the NBC Tv show "The Voice" Scripted?

ProConIK

Con

I am split down the middle, I do think some parts are scripted of course. However I do think all the coaches have great senses of humor that are very natural. I would love to hear some other opinions! If you think it is do you think all of it is?
bensmith396

Pro

I agree that some parts of it are scripted, for instance when will.i.am has a seemingly pre-prepared speech about a singer that looked like his grandmother. However i think most of it is real/on the spot. While on this topic, what happens to all the footage of people who apply to the voice but are bad? On the show i have only ever seen good auditions. Do they have to pass a pre-audition to get into the show and audition? Thanks
ProConIK

Con

Thanks for your opinion, I agree with you! Well I actually I know a lot about this because my vocal instructor has auditioned before for The Voice. It is extremely competitive. They have to go through many rounds of auditions. You have to have two song prepared. If you get a call back after the auditions and make it from there. Then you get a blind audition. Its a long process.
bensmith396

Pro

Wow, sounds tough.

I think this is what makes the voice so popular, other shows such as britains got talent and the X factor look for overall entertainment, even if they are not talented whilst the voice takes it seriously and only includes good singers.

While on the topic, watching britains got talent and X factor makes me feel that it is generally unscripted however they seem to hire people to 'put on a show', especially when it a popular location such as London.

For example they will have a double act come on and fight on stage, they wI'll proceed to have this posted all over social networking and results in them having more viewers and money. In what way do you think these shows are scripted or not?

Thank you for your input so far by the way :)
ProConIK

Con

ProConIK forfeited this round.
bensmith396

Pro

bensmith396 forfeited this round.
ProConIK

Con

ProConIK forfeited this round.
bensmith396

Pro

bensmith396 forfeited this round.