shawnmccaul22
Colingotskillz

Is the Nintendo Switch overpriced compared other consoles?

Colingotskillz has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

shawnmccaul22

Con

Hello fellow opponent. I will be saying that the Nintendo Switch is not overpriced due to the console's abilities.
Colingotskillz

Pro

Hello Fellow opponent I will be arguing that the Nintendo switch is over priced than other consoles.

Good luck and my the best argument win.
shawnmccaul22

Con

Ok then. I will now state my reasoning.

The console itself: It is $299. It comes with Joy-cons (Motion controls) and The Dock for the Switch. Before you say that this is overpriced, remember, this is LAUNCH price. The PlayStation 4, coming with Dualshock controller, had a LAUNCH price of $399 and Xbox one, with controller and "Kinetic" sensor with a LAUNCH price of $499. It is actually the 4th cheapest console in terms of launch price.

Pro Controller: $70 (Optional) It is like a "Steam" Controllers

Switch Online Service:$17-$26 per year with free SNES or NES game each month.
Xbox Live Gold: (Originally $60 a year) $40 per year

Convince me how the Nintendo Switch is overpriced.
Posted by JimShady 1 year ago
JimShady
I agree with con
Posted by Kilk1 1 year ago
Kilk1
Wait, the Switch is only $299? That's ULTRA reasonable! That's cheaper than a PS4, which is a generation behind it. (However, perhaps this suggests that the Switch isn't going to be ultra-high tech? Still, getting to play the new trademark Nintendo games seems to be sufficient to make the Switch worth it, at least IMO.) Keeping Nintendo's consoles cheap and supplementing it with great exclusive games seems to be the strategy they'll be sticking with.
Posted by RussellMania741 1 year ago
RussellMania741
Its $299. I didn't even realize that Nintendo was coming out with a new handheld console. I think $299 is resonable, after all its brand new.
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
You didn't even mention the price...