Lisen2Reason
ZacGraphics

Is the USA a dying superpower

ZacGraphics

Lisen2Reason

Pro

The United States has been a super power since the end of WWII but with the combination of weak leadership and a weakening economy the enemies of the USA have taken this time to strike and have seen no resistance from the United States there enemies are slowly taking the mantle of superpower from old glory but all is not lost the USA is a sleeping giant that has so much potential we need strong leadership that can be respected and feared by the world we need our military to act when tested we need our economy to grow to the former strength that it once had because we might be dying but we are not dead
ZacGraphics

Con

Alright, my first Debate, let's see how this goes.

First off, the USA is not as strong and unified as it was, I'll give you that, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's dying. The US is still a very strong and wealthy country, in comparison to the rest of the world. We are very fortunate to be a 1st world country, still, after the many things being and been thrown at us.

Now, what about our leadership? Personally, I think we have a very good democratic system of doing the law and politics. Now, one could argue that the people investing their time into said politics are corrupted, but that's a whole 'other debate. For this debate, however, the system is thought out very well, the way it's being used is the problem. If more actually smart people could run for president and other government positions, that would be great.

I like how it's not one person making ALL the decision, and that the people get a very good say in what goes on in our country, but it some respects, this isn't good. It's not a given that the people will make good decisions all the time, but it's better than a single-minded, chaotic ruler.

In conclusion, is the US a dying superpower? I disagree. The USA is full of potential, and it would be quite easy to use it if we worked in unison, and made healthy compromises for those who disagreed with certain actions.
Lisen2Reason

Pro

I agree with your argument but we cannot blindly believe in the news and what we are told we must go and see for our selves. I agree the US isn't dying but it is fading away from the global stage its losing its ferocity on a global stage our nation no longer is feared and respected the world sees the US and invaders and warmongers and by weak government I meant divided as President Lincoln said a house divided cannot stand now we are not at civil war but that saying can be used today our government cannot agree and they are doing that at the expense of the nation if we seem divided the enemy's of the USA we grow ever bolder and cause rise for larger conflict
ZacGraphics

Con

Yes, but this isn't new.

The US has always been a "ticking time bomb", if you will. Yes, speaking your mind becomes harder and harder every day simply because if everyone thinks one way, you're expected to think the same. If you don't think the same as everyone else, you're wrong.

How is the US "fading"? We're not doing any sort of "fading" or going away. America has taken up the personification as a selfish person, for good reasons. All major countries have some sort of general personality, and it doesn't really change from that unless something amazing or catastrophic happens. Which, actually happens a lot.

I don't think USA is taking the title of "fading" at all. Other countries, however, yes. USA is far from crumbling to pure corruption, though.
Lisen2Reason

Pro

Lisen2Reason forfeited this round.
ZacGraphics

Con

All points extended, I guess.
Vote Placed by Matt532 1 year ago
Matt532
Lisen2ReasonZacGraphicsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct- Pro ff. Grammar- Both sides, minor errors. Convincing Arguments- Google Dictionary defines superpower as "A very powerful and influential nation." I personally would argue that the US is decreasing as a superpower, but we aren't beyond repairs and rejuvenation yet. We are decreasing because of actions with Russia, China, Iran. On the other hand, we are currently the second largest economy, which means we have great influence there. We also have military and technology capabilities. So, in conclusion, neither side convinced me argument-wise. Neither side also took advantage of sources (it's two points!).
Vote Placed by Bosoxfaninla 1 year ago
Bosoxfaninla
Lisen2ReasonZacGraphicsTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff