Is the assassination of a corrupt US PRESIDENT acceptable, if they are not impeached

TroubledSpark has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

I feel if a corrupt president was elected and was not impeached by the Senate, the only other option would be to eliminate the corrupt. This is clearly the duty of the people, as stated in the US Constitution. The only thing I'm unsure of is how the assassin would be treated. I feel that the one who pulled the trigger should be free of charges or any disciplinary action because of the circumstance of a purely corrupted president.

Any president would have been elected by the people of America. To assassinate a democratically elected president would be contrary to the will of the people. Murder is always a crime, and to fail to press charges would encourage people to assassinate anyone they disagreed with. We must obey the laws of the realm, both in respecting the democratic process and in properly punishing murderers.
Posted by Dogter 3 weeks ago
The world would be a different place if Hitler or Stalin had been murdered. I am pretty sure Trump (who I am thinking this debate is aimed towards) will be very unlikely to institute death camps for Muslims or Mexicans. Not sure you can justify murder for someone who holds odious ideals. Americans (I am Canadian) will certainly suffer if he is elected. Unfortunately the rest of the world sees this, his vast swath of supporters do not. They will pay the price and learn the lesson. Taking the low road and electing someone who behaves like this will not work out for anyone but Mr. Trump.
Posted by pidanger 3 weeks ago
I agree with Caise