SalmaX33
EggsAndSam

Is the death penalty really that helpful?

EggsAndSam has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

SalmaX33

Con

I was looking at your profile after accepting a debate when I saw you are a pro for the death penalty, lets talk about that, from other arguments i can tell that you are levelheaded, thank you if you agreed to my debate
EggsAndSam

Pro

I accept, however, I must warn you that I am not very knowledgeable about the death penalty debate going on currently
SalmaX33

Con

Ok, I want to start of saying that the death penalty can be a horrible thing. At LEAST 4% of people are given the death penalty while being innocent, in my opinion it should not exist, rather keep them in prison forever and if they are proven innocent you let them go, simple as that.
EggsAndSam

Pro

While I agree that it is disgraceful that innocent people should be executed, if someone kills say 50 people, I do not want that individual roaming around prison where he could potentially escape or kill other inmates. I only think that the death penalty is good in extreme cases, and extreme cases usually are the ones that get the death penalty in modern times.
SalmaX33

Con

Ok, that is agreeable with, nonetheless, it is used a bit more than someone could expect. I feel like the word death itself is thrown around seemlessly. But you do make a good point, the way to avoid that happening is to have more secure prisons though