Saings_Nolls
AngryBlogger

Is the earth flat?

AngryBlogger

Saings_Nolls

Pro

I will be arguing for why I think that the earth is actually flat and not round.

I have one primary reason for this belief:

-If earth were round, it would feel like certain people were on a steep cliff, or some would have to hang onto the earth to stay on

Feel free to accept this debate and good luck!
AngryBlogger

Con

Hello all, I will be con for this debate and arguing for why the earth in itself isn't flat.

It's more so up to pro (against this idea of what ought to be the accepted idea now by all) to say otherwise.

Pro's primary argument or reasoning as to why the earth is flat, instead of round and I quote is "If earth were round, it would feel like certain people were on a steep cliff, or some would have to hang onto the earth to stay on"

This is just non sense. The earth in itself is round. We now can support this claim 100% as humans by pictures taken by NASA, and so many citizens (who launch camera's and other recording devices way up into space). From all images, the earth is nearly an almost perfect shaped like sphere meaning that it is indeed round. In today's standards, one cannot argue that the earth is flat due to the technology we now have to prove otherwise.

As for the rebuttal of pro's argument "If earth were round, it would feel like certain people were on a steep cliff, or some would have to hang onto the earth to stay on" it's quite simple. I'm no scientist or anything, but the earth does have flat surfaces here or there, but that is not the EARTH. That's just merely the surface of what we live on, therefore, of course it does not fill round although there is many hills, mountains, and everything else to be found here on Earth.

Again, Earth in itself (the planet) is round. There are more reasons now than ever to support this.

Unless pro can clearly demonstrate that Earth is flat, it is a win for the con.
Saings_Nolls

Pro

I should clarify my argument here. I think that the shape of the earth is flat. I am not saying that the surface is completely smooth. I know that there are mountains and valleys all over the earth. I do, however believe that the earth is round.

My belief in a flat earth is based on what my human senses can perceive right now. I do not have to offer an in-depth analization for how the horizon is flat. I can see it with my eyes, therefore, it is flat. However, I would have to go to extraordinary lengths to get a picture of earth from space or create a scientific anomaly called gravity.

I do not believe that this is non sense as stated by Con. It is completely possible that all of the pictures NASA has taken are forged. In fact, it would be much more profitable for a government to have us all convinced that the earth is round. NASA claims to have been to and taken pictures of space, but how do we know that their space program didn't fail due to some new found discoveries that are being kept secret? NASA has us all believing that the earth is round so they can continue their space program, which steals money from taxpayers.

Unfortunately, I do not have the same resources of NASA and other programs which allow them to fool the world into thinking that it is round when they are literally staring at the evidence every day. However, I can know that a round earth is complete folly based on what I can perceive with my senses.
AngryBlogger

Con

"I should clarify my argument here. I think that the shape of the earth is flat. I am not saying that the surface is completely smooth. I know that there are mountains and valleys all over the earth. I do, however believe that the earth is round."

This statement makes no sense. Clarify cause you said "I think that the shape of the earth is flat" but yet you go on and say "I do however believe the earth is round" backing up my claims that the Earth is indeed round. I also should highlight something else wrong with this statement in which you said "I think" meaning you don't know for sure, but are more than likely feeling that the earth is flat based on your perception.

Again, it's a proven fact that the earth shape and all is round. It doesn't get simpler than that. I said there is plenty of audio tapes out there to explore online and images of this Earth we live on. I also mentioned that ordinary people like you and myself have launched their camera devices, or cell phones up in space to record it for themselves. In fact, I was reading an article a couple years ago about a person who did this exact thing which was an article on Yahoo's home page. Now, don't take me for certain here but I think in the article itself, the guy wanted to see if the Earth was really round for himself, and he got exactly what he wanted.

This comes down more so to you refusing to believe what NASA says over anything else. Sure, they may have lied about the moon landing (although no one will ever be able to prove that for sure ever, and it's irrelevant) but here we are in 2015 where scientist absolutely do not need to lie about what the shape of the Earth looks like, given anyone with the right technology can see for themselves.

Hell, the Earth in itself is rotating constantly, another fact made by science, and flat objects do not necessarily rotate in a way like a rounded object would. Gravity is a pulling force in all sorts of directions. If you were to go to the end of the ocean, or far enough, you'd see how round the earth is from looking around and up. I myself disagree with you from my own perception. When I go outside, I see a rounded Earth, I do not see a flat Earth. I see what looks like a globe based on the shape, and I'm pretty sure most people here do now. Only people that might think the Earth is flat is highly religious people, or sadly conspiracy people.

With that all said, the Earth isn't completely round in appearance, but it's close, it's definitely not flat.

Also, the surface we live on has many terrains (if you referring to this, then again, it's the surface, NOT the planet, only a component).
Saings_Nolls

Pro

I am going to throw in the towel.

It does come down to whether you believe all of the science communities who are probably lying about even more things than this. I do not believe them.
AngryBlogger

Con

Well, you should believe. Like I said, it's 2015, NASA does not in no way need to lie about how the earth is shaped. They can't lie today because so many normal citizens can see for themselves with all the technology we have available.

Extend what I said before.

Vote con

That is all.
Posted by MaximumRide879 11 months ago
MaximumRide879
wow...Astronauts have been to space and have given evidence that earth is round
Vote Placed by govitz147 11 months ago
govitz147
Saings_NollsAngryBloggerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well, obviously even a kindergartner wouldn't vote for an arrogant person like pro.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 11 months ago
Midnight1131
Saings_NollsAngryBloggerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession by Pro.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 11 months ago
dsjpk5
Saings_NollsAngryBloggerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.