MyWoodenHeart
MicheleAP

Is the gender wage gap in the US because of sexism/discrimination?

MyWoodenHeart

Con

I believe that the gender wage gap in the US is not because of sexism or descrimination.

R1) You will present your arguments that it does.

R2) I rebutt and present my arguments. Then you rebutt.

R3) I will rebutt. You will not participate so that the participation equals out.
MicheleAP

Pro

It is in my humble opinion, that women have ALWAYS been undervalued. Therefore resulting in a lower pay. The female throughout history has always been seen as the "weaker sex". There was once a time in America's history where "There were women doctors, lawyers, preachers, teachers, writers, and singers. By the early 19th century, however, ACCEPTABLE occupations for working women were limited to factory labor or domestic work." You can find that here (http://www.wic.org...). Acceptable meaning that the only way and positions they were hired for. Before that, it was said that a "woman's place was in the home with the children." About 4 out 10 children were born to unwed mothers. Nearly two-thirds are born to mothers under the age of 30. So riddle me this how is a single mother of two to get by on the amount that an average number of women are paid, versus that of their counterparts?
Let's not even get started on the Sexual Harassment, because this is about the wages.
MyWoodenHeart

Con

I want to thank you for debating with me, MicheleAP. I'm going to start by rebutting your arguments and presenting mine.

{No Arguments Detected}

Thanks again for debating with me.

It seems all you do is bring up that women were not allowed into some jobs and that they were paid less years ago. You never provide any proof that women are paid less because of discrimination in the current age. And then you state "Let's not even get started on the Sexual Harassment, because this is about the wages." I totally agree with that statement, but why did you have to say it? Are you presuming I don't believe sexual harrasment occurs?

In round two, provide proof that the gender wage gap in the US is because of sexism/discrimination.

MicheleAP

Pro

MicheleAP forfeited this round.
MyWoodenHeart

Con

MyWoodenHeart forfeited this round.
MicheleAP

Pro

MicheleAP forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Michele....My mother raised 4 kids on a wage that was not that high, and did it with help from her mother,who let us live in her house at low rent. But she was totally blind, and my mother took care of her too. And NEVER went on welfare. I was privileged to have been raised by a woman of integrity, not a freeloader mother.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
We are talking about median wages.Not being paid a lower wage for the same outcome of production.Women are limited physically more than men, on average.That is why women are not in most sports, or jobs requiring intense labor. And that is where the average wage is higher.And those jobs drive up the higher median wage.
Posted by vwv 2 years ago
vwv
i rebutt your anus
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
I have to agree with you so I won't be taking this. Many people nowadays like to call racism or sexism before looking at themselves. I find it thoroughly annoying and low. Anyway, good luck.