Ashly
DirtySweetSweetNeckDaddy

Is the hijjab a sign of oppression for the muslim women in the western society or not?

Ashly

Con

I am totally against people who think that the hijjab is an oppression to the islamic society. they say that is they wear the hijjab who is going to marry them. they are a lot of people who wear the hijab and are married to very good men. also the hijab makes people respect you. also we muslim women chose to wear the hijab and are not forced to. I would like you to view your opinions to this please. be as truthfull as possible thank you.
DirtySweetSweetNeckDaddy

Pro

It was a bold decision to go up against a women in a debate concerning her own religion and customs. But it is there that I think I have my slant. The way the question is framed is does our society see the hi jab a sign of oppression in our society.
This to me means do Westerners see women who where the hijjab in the midst of a Western culture being oppressed, or is it possible that it is a sign of oppression? Without actual statistics, I can tell you for sure , that there a women who wear this garment that who, in there heart of hearts, wish they could rip that thing off on 98 degree day with 100 percent humidity. And wanting to wear something that represents your culture is fine, but could could you label the desire to represent your culture by means of relative discomfort oppression? Let's talk about the women who choose not to wear the garment? Do you see them as less of a woman or less embedded in your culture, less proud of tradition, less centered in faith. In this context, you wearing the hijjab becomes a form of oppression to them. A kind of peer pressure to represent your culture in a foreign land. If that is not true, and the wearing of the hijjab is not centered as part of your faith, why where it. If it is, then the women who don't have a feeling that they have neglected their faith. Either way, the garment poses an element of oppression to one group
Ashly

Con

Ashly forfeited this round.
DirtySweetSweetNeckDaddy

Pro

DirtySweetSweetNeckDaddy forfeited this round.
Ashly

Con

Ashly forfeited this round.
DirtySweetSweetNeckDaddy

Pro

Ashly

Con

Ashly forfeited this round.
DirtySweetSweetNeckDaddy

Pro

Posted by LoopsEye 3 years ago
LoopsEye
have a look here :)

http://www.debate.org...