anthonysimon
JoseGuzman

Is the iPad Mini better than the Kindle Fire HD?

anthonysimon
Started: 12/30/2012 Category: Technology

anthonysimon

Con

The iPad is faster and smoother, It also has the app store which has the biggest variety of apps. Amazon is just now starting in the business when Apple has a couple decades. The iPad has more to offer than the Kindle because it has everything Apple has to offer from previous devices and its easier to carry around due to its smaller size. Yes the Kindle is better for reading but the iPad is also capable of being used as a Ereader with the screen being of very high resolution. The iPad also has two cameras while the Kindle only has one.
JoseGuzman

Pro

I would argue that the Amazon Kindle Fire HD is more focused on the intellectual interests of people, because it provides an easier access to books, which is what kindle is specialized for. It has basically everything that the iPad has except the expense of the rear camera, which is barely used considering that most photos are taken by modern smart phones. The Kindle does not overheat, and those who buy it most likely use it for practical purposes and not for common fanaticism. Amazon's Kindle is of course more affordable, and has more application providers outside of Amazon, unlike apple which only has the app store. Kindle has better contrast in color, same quality of resolution, and can interact with other tablets readily. Most applications from Apple are not free, which differs when you by the Kindle Fire HD.
anthonysimon

Con

Good job at taking other people's words since your words came directly from this source:

And for what I didn't read, no credit was given to any of the video composers.
To emphasize the outstanding performance of the iPad there is a need to say that the iPad is more reliable. Apple has proved that it is capable of creating outstanding products, as we have seen throughout the years. You have had and iPhone and you are also planning on getting the recently released iPhone 5 because of your trust on Apple. The iPad offers the same quality, both in hardware and software, as the iPhone 5 you are soon to be owner of. The iPad needs no more than Apple's stores since they have been specially designed by Apple for an Apple product, making it work perfectly and be compatibly with each other. The iPad's screen is bigger but still 7 inches, making it eligible to compete with other 7 inch tablets like the Nexus or in this case the Kindle Fire HD. The bigger screen offers more and easy accessible apps that anyone can use while the Kindle's software is much more complex for a technologically challenged person, like yourself, to wholesome understand. The iPad has had a great reputation since its release and there is a reason why it has been selling like the world ended and Apple is the only company that has food. Next time use your own knowledge to support your argument. The iPad destroys the Kindle in every way possible.
JoseGuzman

Pro

I appreciate your contention and spirit to make the debate more vigorous, but this is a matter of getting a better deal, not one of life and death. It does not compel me any more than before, the fact that you would take this debate so personal shows a heavy amount of unreliability and fanaticism as well as bias. I do not contend to claim that the differences between the iPad mini and the Kindle Fire HD is rather small. I agree with your assertions that Apple is a reliable company, but it also is one that has a very high expense. I also recognize that Apple makes the best computers, but tablets are a whole different branch in both Apple and Amazon. My allegation is that the gadgets in the iPad mini, not available in the Kindle Fire HD, are mostly a useless expense.
In relation to your accusation, the ad hominem attacks to me should be kept at a personal level, this is a debate about two products, not two men.
anthonysimon

Con

Again using the words, and not giving credits, to the video but I'll accept your 'words' even though if this was a real court case you would be penalized for plagiarizing. The iPad's bigger screen offers more to see while still keeping the resolution great, lower than the Kindle's, but still barely any difference can be seen. When you talk about the 'gadgets' that are useless, in this case I assume it is the camera since you never specified showing your lack of education and preparation for this debate, it can be said that the back or rear camera is useful and come in handy when needed, specially when you get the device for a child. Also, for Video Calling it is a great feature to have since it can show the person you are speaking with what you are seeing and what you are appreciating making it more user friendly and making the user feel more content and connected to the person they are communicating with. Long story short the camera is a great feature to have on a tablet specially on a small tablet like the iPad Mini that fits and that you can take anywhere. People have some evidence to back up your argument since your diction is very vague and unprofessional.
JoseGuzman

Pro

Plagiarism: The practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
I honestly don't care about your argument, this is not my idea of a spiced up debate, your arguments are mostly on the offense, but you don't take the time to acknowledge both of these inanimate objects as simple gadgets so I conclude that there is no way to argue with an ignoramus who is solely interested only in winning a debate rather than deduce which apparatus is truly worth it.
In my opinion:
Amazon Kindle HD: For those focused on reading and in having a much more personal tablet, one that differs from the more traditional Apple iPad.

iPad Mini: For those who are more or less focused on music and short games (Highly recommended if you are slanted towards Apple products), easy to use, slightly more expensive and convenient if you already own Apple products.

I resent the fact that you seem to use any objection I uphold to insult my personal intellect, which seems to me vastly less narrow as well as much more open for any real opinion. I think that to deny that both are very commodious, or useful objects, is ludicrous. I hope that this simple argument helped establish that the differences of these two devices are the software, which are focused on different type of people.
Thank you for inviting me to debate with you, I hope this was of help.
Vote Placed by The_Master_Riddler 1 year ago
The_Master_Riddler
anthonysimonJoseGuzmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: anthonysimon had better args and better sources, but he called Jose a plagirizer
Vote Placed by M4sterDeb8er 1 year ago
M4sterDeb8er
anthonysimonJoseGuzmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was pretty sad honestly. anthonysimon easily won the debate, but I have to give conduct to Jose, because anthonysimon quickly accused Jos of plagiarism.