surprisingly_a_vertebrate
derogatory

Is the idea of "absolute perfection" a paradox?

surprisingly_a_vertebrate

Pro

I think that yes, it is, because for example if me and a friend were looking at a person who was "absolutely perfect", but I'm gay and my friend is straight, then the person is imperfect to one of us, depending on the gender. Therefore, "absolute perfection" would have to change depending on who is experiencing it. But, if somebody else valued consistancy, then they do not see the person as "absolutely perfect", and so on. Therefore, it is only possible to be "perfect" to however many people have the same tastes. However, to be "absolutely perfect", you would have to be perfect to everyone. So, the concept of "absolute perfection" is a paradox.
derogatory

Con

it depends, I'm not sure how you wanted someone to oppose this argument but I think if you have a world if identically exact beings they could all be of absolute perfection. This means the idea of it is not paradoxical where as maybe on Earth people may have different ideas of whatt absolute perfection might be, equally though we do have a general preferability due to our biological instincts which do give us a sense of what to point towards, although this has been tainted by fashion, peer pressure, celebrities and media.
surprisingly_a_vertebrate

Pro

surprisingly_a_vertebrate forfeited this round.
derogatory

Con

derogatory forfeited this round.
surprisingly_a_vertebrate

Pro

derogatory

Con

derogatory forfeited this round.
surprisingly_a_vertebrate

Pro

derogatory

Con

derogatory forfeited this round.
surprisingly_a_vertebrate

Pro

derogatory

Con

derogatory forfeited this round.