Mes
iArgueForFun

Is the institution God's creation?(driven by religion or driven by society)

Mes

Con

No, the institution of marriage is created by society. god created the two kind of humans - man and woman to complement each other and to be together but God didn't intend to bind them together in a relationship.

Look at animals which are created by God. The animals are not tied in a relationship. They go along with the partner they desire. They choose; they fight; they win and they own.
iArgueForFun

Pro

My stance.

I personally do not believe in a god, but, if there was one I would say that since people get along in the way that they do and naturally form relationships, 'god' must have made them that way. Also, animals pick seemingly random partners because what they are looking for is the healthiest mate.
Mes

Con

Mes forfeited this round.
iArgueForFun

Pro

Why did you forfeit?
Mes

Con

Mes forfeited this round.
iArgueForFun

Pro

iArgueForFun forfeited this round.
Posted by davidtaylorjr 4 years ago
davidtaylorjr
I would take the challenge but I don't meet the criteria apparently.
Posted by Superfaith 4 years ago
Superfaith
I would take up this challenge, but I think there is too broad a definition on "god". If you're talking about the Christian "God", then I accept and would be willing to debate such a topic. Until that time, I cannot.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Good luck on your first debate. I suggest clarifying your resolution, as right now it seems like you are trying to argue both sides of it.

Also it would be beneficial of you, to spell out in the rules that this is not a debate of the existence of any deities (otherwise someone will troll you, instead of arguing the subject of marriage).