acecombat2
Imagination

Is the law bringing the best solution or not? for both criminals and victims.

acecombat2

Con

When I first heard the statement from my LAW subject lecturer. It's being said the Justice came the base word of fairness and it also does came from the Good Moral Values that came from This two major Religion that is Christian And Islam. However, regardless the word justice came from the 'court' is about absolute order not by consensus and Moral Values. What is justice anyway? I'm confuse.
Imagination

Pro

== Topic ==

Is the law bringing the best solution or not for both criminals and victims?

== Point of View ==

As Pro I will be arguing that the law is able to bring the best solution for criminals and victims as opposed to other systems of judgment that have existed throughout history.

The law is objective and unbiased, making it superior to a system based on subjective moral opinions. By holding everybody to the same standards, the law promotes equality while avoiding favoritism or inconsistency. By appealing to a panel of jurors, court law involves human emotion and moral code while the law itself stays independent of subjectivity and dependent on evidence.

Law can go wrong when it is fallaciously interpreted, but that does not make law in itself incapable of providing the best solution for criminals and victims. Note also that using the terms "criminal" and "victim" makes clear the argument is about law providing the best solution for those who are guilty and their victims, which eliminates the falsely accused.

== Con's Queries ==

Con's queries deviated substantially from the topic. As such I only find myself obligated to prove the Pro position in regards to the topic, but I will be glad to respond to Con's statements here.

How can anyone know where Justice came from? The idea of Justice existed long before Christianity, and Islam is far more recent than Christianity. Older again than both of those religions is Judaism, and long before Judaism polytheistic religions such as Buddhism were teaching what Justice meant to them.

Every religion and every human society/culture has Good Moral Values. Not every religion/society agree on what they are. Some culture's "good" values will directly contradict others'. That is because Good Moral Values are subjective.

According to America's Good Moral Values, 9/11 and the Holocaust were wrong. But according to Osama bin Laden, 9/11 was a Good Moral Act, and according to Hitler, the Holocaust was a Good Moral Act. Osama bin Laden was Muslim and Hitler was Christian, further undermining the idea that Good Moral Values are cemented by religion.

What is Justice anyway? O_o Dunno if I can help you with that one!

Well perhaps everyone has a different definition, sort of like the meaning of life. You'll have to figure out on your own what Justice is to you. For me, Justice is the observance of equality and fairness, which in turn is the observance of every human's basic right. However, cultures everywhere disagree on basic human rights, or that every human right ought be respected in every situation.

It's a pity your law subject teacher is making such confusing statements. I would be confused, too.
acecombat2

Con

acecombat2 forfeited this round.
Imagination

Pro

Apologies. I was unaware you sought a discussion. Thank you for bringing up an interesting topic :)
acecombat2

Con

acecombat2 forfeited this round.
Imagination

Pro

Imagination forfeited this round.
Posted by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
acecombat2 wrote:
: How do I end this debate?

Post anything. You could say, for instance, "Ignore this post. I'm just posting here to toll the clock."

Or you could say, "Please don't vote on this debate. We've agreed to let it be a tie." Of course, you'd have had to actually reach that agreement for that to work.

Or, "This space intentionally left blank."

Anything you post will end your turn instantly, and start the clock on your opponent's turn. If you're both on line at the same time, you can go thru an entire debate in a couple of minutes.
Posted by acecombat2 4 years ago
acecombat2
How do I end this debate?
Posted by acecombat2 4 years ago
acecombat2
ah alright
Posted by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
This sounds like you want a discussion, not a debate. I suggest you cancel this debate.

Then, click on the FORUMS tab at the top left, and select a forum, philosophy, perhaps.

Then start a new thread by clicking New Topic, high on the right.

And then start your discussion.