Is the media biased? If so, which way?

"Ultimately journalism has changed....Partisanship is very much a part of journalism now."
" CBS Corporation Chairman and CEO Les Moonves as quoted in a June 7, 2012 Los Angeles Times story by Robin Abcarian and Kathleen Hennessey

Is this true?

All media is bias, along with things like history books and all things that are similar to this. Not all people may think this however I do. If we use the BBC ,for example, and they can sometimes be bias, even if you do not realise. The media will always say their point of view when they are recalling a story and I think that everyone can agree with that. Now before you answer this and start telling me that every single media company is bias, it's not but some are and there is plenty of evidence to show this.

Since you are the con, you must argue that the media is not biased. Or if you wish, you can argue that the media is generally conservative,.

I believe the media is generally liberal. From March 12 to May 18, positive coverage for the legalization of gay marriage outweighed negative coverage of gay marriage by a ratio of 5:1. This would be acceptable, if the public was in mass support for it. However, on Twitter, from March 12 to May 18, only 31% agreed with gay marriage while 28% disagreed. A public opinion poll shows that 51% were in support, while 42% percent were opposed. Looking at the same time frame, MSNBC had 47% of stories involving the issue of gay marriage in support of gay marriage, with only 9% of stories against it. This is their freedom of course, however it is slanted and not representative of the real public opinion.

If MSNBC were truly balanced, their stories should be closer to 50% for each side, appropriately showing the views on both opinions of the argument.

The source:

Good luck refuting.

Messygirls forfeited this round.

I will assume that con has nothing else to say. I will rest my case.

Messygirls forfeited this round.
Posted by Defender1999 2 years ago
We can agree that the media is much biased and can show either lies, misconceptions or half-truths about issues. Some media tend to be more leftist than right, never mind of the massive grip the liberals have over the conservatives. It's very hard to look for media that can give good coverage, it's simply hard.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con appears to have been debating the wrong side. Points for conduct, sources and arguments to Pro.